Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Significant snow Thursday Night/Friday/Saturday

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Haven't seen any precipitation in Dublin city centre at all today.

Had a light but proper snow shower here around 9am this morning, lasted about 5/10minutes but that's all (so far :rolleyes:).

There's another shower cloud now to the north of me - that must be near enough to the city centre?

I see that showers in the Irish Sea (over IOM) are moving south west wards - could be interesting??? Actually probably not looking at 16.00 radar!

Current temp. here +2.4c with dp of -0.7c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

You could keep an eye on the Galway webcam

(Sorry. Stale response to nacho's request to paddy.1 for a Galway photo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

heavy snow shower in Limerick city, sticking in sheltered areas only though, we are in for another shower in the next ten to fifteen minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

front lawn @11.30am.......''now whats this funny colour''tika006ng6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Heavy snow shower here again. Any snow that did lie earlier is gone, so I wouldn't consider this current shower a top up or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

clear sky now. i think the showers, if there are any, will be scattered from now on. damn you ridge of high pressure. damn you to hell.

clear sky now. i think the showers, if there are any, will be scattered from now on. damn you ridge of high pressure. damn you to hell.

Here here. The last snow shower here just evaportated into nothing, Sky clearing now. Temp 0.8c and pressure 1009.8mb. Hope we at least get a good frost tonight. But I can't see my 2008 record of -6.3 being broken, here in the west anyway. Midlands and east might do better.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A brief flurry of snow here at the moment!

Desperation :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Some monster clouds going over north kerry at the mo, darkest of the day. Wonder where they are heading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Very heavy snow in slogo from just before noon. I left in the afternoon driving to Mullingar area. Was still pretty heavy snow when i got home to Rochfortbridge but it stopped shortlyafter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Snow falling where I am at the moment, Murroe Co Limerick.

Temps just now reached 0.0c. Lowest it has been in a while. Sky almost clear now, though I can still see shower clouds over west Galway and the Mayo mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Snow shower at Casement at 0C - that should stick although I'd imagine it probably didn't amount to very much - can't see it on any radar!

CASEMENT W 10 SNOW SHOWER 0 90 Trace 1008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Donegal to silgo a bit of snow today. But from sligo to athlone via carrick on shannon...holy lord! Very heavy snow from about noon onwards.

entrance to my local windfarm 5pm......checked ordnance this loc is at 980ft asl.......3ins lying snow.....-0.6

dsc01378qt8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

What a terrible cold snap, about as bad anyone could have expected.

Downgraded to almost nothing...

And the medium term outlooks is dreadful

Sorry folks ;)

it's snowing lightly again and it's sticking now because of the frost beforehand!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Aye it looks like the Stacks mts got a nice bit of snow. A lot of snow fell during the day in Tralee as well, but none stuck, ground is way too wet. I'd say there must be some amount of snow dumped on the Dingle peninsula as well, Baurtregaum, and the rest of Slieve Mish were covered in cloud nearly all day.

Aye it looks like the Stacks mts got a nice bit of snow. A lot of snow fell during the day in Tralee as well, but none stuck, ground is way too wet. I'd say there must be some amount of snow dumped on the Dingle peninsula as well, Baurtregaum, and the rest of Slieve Mish were covered in cloud nearly all day.
    tralee and surrounding area must be one of the warmest place in winter in a very mild county.......the last time snow was lying in town i,d say was 1996........anyway speaking of mild current o.1c......todays snow will be just a memory by sat pm.......and i dont expect to see another snowflake down here for 3 more years.....

every flake that falls is sticking now- however, the showers, when they come, break up quickly.

-3 at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

kerry1960 wrote: »
    entrance to my local windfarm 5pm......checked ordnance this loc is at 980ft asl.......3ins lying snow.....-0.6

dsc01378qt8.jpg

Fantastic!!

I love it!, about time we had a snowman pic here :)

Really cheered me up here in the snow starved east.

Thanks Kerry1960 :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

PS, how come Kerry people know how to make snowmen? :p

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Longfield wrote: »
    PS, how come Kerry people know how to make snowmen? :p
    started off on sandcastles and it just sort of took off from there;););) mr snowman belongs to my daughter and friend

i really don't believe this , its hammering down again ....-1c.......im stunned:eek:

Lollers, good stuff, he's a pretty good one.

Especially good because i didnt think it ever snowed much in Kerry, he's a rare species..:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Longford is covered in this white stuff now. I drove in 5 minutes ago and my tracks are already gone and the roads/everywhere is unreal.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Longford is covered in this white stuff now. I drove in 5 minutes ago and my tracks are already gone and the roads/everywhere is unreal.

Pics or it didnt happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭arctictree

Some really good conditions now in the west for snow. Temps around 0 and showers peppering the western sea board. Just a matter of luck now if you live in that area.

Just saw the RTE forecast. I'm tempted to predict a hour of snow as that front arrives tomorrow afternoon but its just at the wrong time - ie warmest part of the day...

A

dsc01389bc6.jpgjeezz what next , penguins, temp rose to 0c during 15min blizzard , now back to -0.7....them roads round here will be in some state by am ([EMAIL="photo@9.30"]photo@9.30[/EMAIL])

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

arctictree wrote: »
    Some really good conditions now in the west for snow. Temps around 0 and showers peppering the western sea board. Just a matter of luck now if you live in that area.

Just saw the RTE forecast. I'm tempted to predict a hour of snow as that front arrives tomorrow afternoon but its just at the wrong time - ie warmest part of the day...

A

yep ur right it'll be a wee bit too warm:mad: if only we had a similar situation to the 4th january (precipitation arriving in the morning) then all areas would be hammered for a few hours, but alas, the precipitation will arrive when most areas are at 5, 6 degrees Celsius:( Damn it I wanted a white six nations opener

Advertisement