Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Significant snow Thursday Night/Friday/Saturday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So what's the outlook for Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Amazing, watched sky news say all the snow is gone and pop out just now into a blizzard and at least another inch in the last hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

freezing cold night, minimum of -2 on the coast to -4 a bit inland...Frost and ice...Tomorrow afternoon/evening outbreaks of rain;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

patneve wrote: »
    freezing cold night, minimum of -2 on the coast to -4 a bit inland...Frost and ice...Tomorrow afternoon/evening outbreaks of rain;)

Will the Italian match be dry?

(2pm)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

frost, sun then rain

The Game never got started here, it failed to even boot up the loading screen:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snowbie just txted me from NYC, wants to know about the snow in Dublin...erm......

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

kerry1960 wrote: »
    dsc01389bc6.jpgjeezz what next , penguins, temp rose to 0c during 15min blizzard , now back to -0.7....them roads round here will be in some state by am ([EMAIL="photo@9.30"]photo@9.30[/EMAIL])

OMG I would love to run around out there feeling the lovely crunchie snow beneath my feet, enjoy it kerry1960 :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Longfield wrote: »
    Snowbie just txted me from NYC, wants to know about the snow in Dublin...erm......

Tell him about Kerry, say nothing about Dublin! :D Let him guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

Tell him there was a blizzard with plus 50 cm accumulations:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Just text him -

"Snow even in Kerry 3 inches plus in places down there, 38 pages on boards.ie - gotta dash - this Mod job is tough..."

:p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭mike2084

I have to get a bus to Limerick from Listowel at 0645 tomorrow morning for a conference- whats the chances of getting there?

I have to get a bus to Limerick from Listowel at 0645 tomorrow morning for a conference- whats the chances of getting there?

Zero, bring survival gear.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭mike2084

Zero, bring survival gear.

Great, could be getting up for nothing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

by most standards the snow lying here atm is small beer,thats is why even when wintery weather is forecast i never expect much here and i'm never disappointed....... well until tonite............if ye know what i mean.........i think.....lets be honest (and whisper this among ourselves )but todays event was a non event wasn't it, i know my loc got a flukey few cms of snow but 10 years ago a few snow showers would'nt have made the 9oc news.......there was a short clip on segment of snow in galway but it was'nt even settling .........there was another segment with snow on the county bounds (kerry and some county to our east whose name escapes me ) but jeez its the 1st of feb and they used to get snow there before in june ......the climate just seems fcuk'ed up nowdays ........im going to bed a broken and bitter man.......i think.......
    :confused::confused::confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snow would only make the news if it was at least 3 inchs deep, closed schools and suspended public services back in the 80s......

sleety, wet snow showers like what we had yesterday was almost a weekly event during the 80s, there wud nearly always be wintry showers after a rain belt then a few proper cold snaps/spells with lying snows for days on end countrywide.

times have really changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I had given up any chance of snow this evening. Settled down to a nice meal, some wine and watched Lost. Happened to glance out the window there and everywhere is white, heading for about an inch or so of cover. Kids where out of bed like a shot and we had a lovely crunchy snow walk. Wonder what the chances of having more before morning are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

kerry1960 wrote: »
    by most standards the snow lying here atm is small beer,thats is why even when wintery weather is forecast i never expect much here and i'm never disappointed....... well until tonite............if ye know what i mean.........i think.....lets be honest (and whisper this among ourselves )but todays event was a non event wasn't it, i know my loc got a flukey few cms of snow but 10 years ago a few snow showers would'nt have made the 9oc news.......there was a short clip on segment of snow in galway but it was'nt even settling .........there was another segment with snow on the county bounds (kerry and some county to our east whose name escapes me ) but jeez its the 1st of feb and they used to get snow there before in june ......the climate just seems fcuk'ed up nowdays ........im going to bed a broken and bitter man.......i think.......
    :confused::confused::confused:

you got to build a snowman
    :) how can you be disappointed?

still getting the odd flurry here with every bit that falls sticking. why oh why couldn't we have got today's snow tonight:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

snowing in south donegal a few hours ago, inch or two within an hour or two

you got to build a snowman
    :) how can you be disappointed?

still getting the odd flurry here with every bit that falls sticking. why oh why couldn't we have got today's snow tonight:(
    more commonly known as reverse psychology but tell no one mate............our secret.......;););)

alright im not going to bed.........just realised its still not midnight.......went out to make sure the fox was locked on the henhouse......roads in ****e around here but the temp is rising ......+0.7c..... is there a warm up coming sooner than expected ??????? anyone..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Well i expect a small trough to move through the country overnight, giving a sprinkling of snow almost anywhere ;)

You can see the trough to just off the west coast at midnight under the high level cloud from the approaching low.

Temperatures will rise soon after it however... if theres any of it left, arrive Dublin around 6am, with temps rising by around 2pm to 4c and upward from then on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Roads in town are fine, out here they are really really bad.

Well i expect a small trough to move through the country overnight, giving a sprinkling of snow almost anywhere ;)

You can see the trough to just off the west coast at midnight under the high level cloud from the approaching low.

Temperatures will rise soon after it however... if theres any of it left, arrive Dublin around 6am, with temps rising by around 2pm to 4c and upward from then on.
    id say ur spot on there mate ......it looks like v v v slight drizzle atm .....temp has dropped slightly again +0.3c but the airmass feels differant..... its so calm and just feels mild ,will this be the end of our snowman before morning ????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

i am so disappointed with this non event lol,im going back to my indian weather stone !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Lying snow here now after a light shower fell on frozen ground earlier. To be frank, it is too little too late. As someone said earlier, why couldn't this have happened earlier when the showers were big. Black Ice everywhere.

Temp -1.5c, Dewpoint -2.7c. Pressure 1012.5mb still rising slowly.

In sum, today was a fcuking epic disapointment. Arctic air my vagina. :mad:

dsane1 wrote: »
    i am so disappointed with this non event lol,im going back to my indian weather stone !!
    jeez dont drop it , those yokes are expensive.....

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    Lying snow here now after a light shower fell on frozen ground earlier. To be frank, it is too little too late. As someone said earlier, why couldn't this have happened earlier when the showers were big. Black Ice everywhere.

Temp -1.5c, Dewpoint -2.7c. Pressure 1012.5mb still rising slowly.

In sum, today was a fcuking epic disapointment. Arctic air my vagina. :mad:[/QUOTE]

way to go paddy lol by the way when can we expect the next chance of a white out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

dsane1 wrote:
    way to go paddy lol by the way when can we expect the next chance of a white out

Well going by the warpped climate trend of the last year or so, I would say around late June.

I could be wrong though..::o:)

[QUOTE=Paddy.1;55033157]Well going by the warpped climate trend of the last year or so, I would say around late June.

I could be wrong though..::o:)[/QUOTE]

yeah but WHAT YEAR paddy lol anyway it was fun while it was a possibility cya

• Advertisement

dsc01389bc6.jpgok def time to hit the hay now ........but if i may be permitted once again to show what i think is still imo is the image of the day....thanks.......didn't expect this ....the icing on the cake........ cheers

Advertisement