Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Significant snow Thursday Night/Friday/Saturday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Mothman wrote: »
    I think figures are correct. 8C ahead of front, 0-2C behind

&nbspN24 Clonmel Relief Rd Feb 03, 10:01 8.6° C. 6.9° C. Wet 85% 15.4 km/h Southerly Light rainfall
    &nbspN24 Pallas Grean Feb 03, 10:01 0.6° C. 0.2° C. Wet 98% 1.1 km/h South-westerly Light rainfall

40km apart, 8c difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

ch750536 wrote: »
    &nbspN24 Clonmel Relief Rd Feb 03, 10:01 8.6° C. 6.9° C. Wet 85% 15.4 km/h Southerly Light rainfall
    &nbspN24 Pallas Grean Feb 03, 10:01 0.6° C. 0.2° C. Wet 98% 1.1 km/h South-westerly Light rainfall

40km apart, 8c difference!

When it reaches my part of country, keep an eye on Longfield's station c8 miles to my west and my station. There'll be a few minutes when the cold front will be between us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Darwin

Was raining/hail for about 20 minutes here, then almost as if someone hit a switch it's started to snow! Edit: spoke too soon, now turned back to sleet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

It slashing heavy snow here in Clara, Offaly!!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cant believe what i'm reading here!!
    Could th sneachta be on the way ...omg!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Thanks for the text Mothman, I was tucked away in my nice warm leaba listening to the howling wind and lahing rain outside until now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Wet snow/heavy sleet - temps dropping like a stone - 0.5c drop from 2.0c in 10 minutes!
    WOW - We were not expecting this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Heavy rain is here now, temp has quickly dropped from 7.4c to 6c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I am completely disappointed. :(

Since Thursday we have had NO snow at all, well 2 minutes worth. Kilkenny City outskirts north is drowning at the moment in pouring rain. :mad:

Pelting it down now - transition from rain to snow takes 20 minutes
    look at them showers on the west coast right behind the front too!

• Advertisement

kleefarr wrote: »
    I am completely disappointed. :(

Since Thursday we have had NO snow at all, well 2 minutes worth. Kilkenny City outskirts north is drowning at the moment in pouring rain. :mad:

Speaking on MSN to folks in Johnstown, Co. Kilkenny - pelting snow there too - so it's on the way to you lad.

I've a feeling once this hits Dublin the forum is gonna go nuts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Danno wrote: »
    Speaking on MSN to folks in Johnstown, Co. Kilkenny - pelting snow there too - so it's on the way to you lad.

Well, if it does there's no way it'll settle, we're surrounded by swimming pools of rain. :(

PS. Just got back from under 6 hurling. My boy scored four goals. :)

Countryfile forecast for the week ahead on BBC1 very soon now. Channel 141 on Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Snowing in Stockholm, nice covering yesterday and pelting down now :D

Longfield wrote: »
    Thanks for the text Mothman, I was tucked away in my nice warm leaba listening to the howling wind and lahing rain outside until now.

Do you think you'd have forgiven us, if we didn't get you out of your beauty sleep.

I was going to start a thread for this cold front, but reckoned that most of us are keeping an eye on this thread.

I think I may even see snow here.

Heck - 11am reports. Birr 1c, Kilkenny 8c. Thats some difference.

I just texted Snowbie the joyous news, evil, moi ? :p

Back to sleet now at 1.4c - There must be some right mixing of air mass going on overhead.

I asume the boundary is that gap on the radar between precipitation areas. So the rain should die off then should be a rapid drop in temps, then the fun begins.
    Rain dying off here now...current temp 6.6°C, DP 5.0°C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

the break in the rain you can see on the radar has reached here, still 6c
    The next spell of rain looks pretty thin and stations west of birr are reporting rain. Am i likely to see any snow?

rc28 wrote: »
    the break in the rain you can see on the radar has reached here, still 6c
    The next spell of rain looks pretty thin and stations west of birr are reporting rain. Am i likely to see any snow?

Briefly

Back to 1.5c and heavy snow again. Ground is far too wet for settling.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

i cant comment on dew point/wind strength etc but im happy with acc of my temp readings,have a mid range weather station backed up by 2 sensor tech digital display therms , curr 3.1c with sleety rain, i'd say any snow for ye in the east will be fairly wet and short lived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

sleet here,grass kind of white but stopped now,south tipp,2c in car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Current tempeture 8.5c As the front passes through it will drop off like a stone.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Check out the tempeture drop now under way, Amazing stuff going on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

just rain in south donegal, no snow since friday night

:(

There,ll be plenty of wintry showers coming through hopefully

Reports of snow in to mullingar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Heavy sleet in Monasterevin now... if only it was a few degrees colder the place would be covered in no time.

Advertisement