Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Significant snow Thursday Night/Friday/Saturday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I can clearly see the end of the front about 5-10 miles west of here. Snow turned back to rain for last 5 minutes and has stopped.

So, it's a 45 minute long snow fall, with grounds far too wet for settling.

Nothing of great importance really.

/wonders can them showers packing in deliver/

Jaysus - did anyone read tonights forecast on www.met.ie - sounds good:

Some scattered showers early tonight and becoming very cold with temperatures falling to between -2 and +2 degrees with frost and icy stretches developing. Heavier showers of rain, hail and sleet will spread eastwards overnight and strengthening west to southwest winds will clear the frost from most places by morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

kerry1960 wrote: »
    the very last patch of snow has melted .......crushing really.......any of the donegal contingent in ballybofey......last gasp win well done......curr7.1c and lashing......last nites min -1.8.......
    Thank you.

Wet up here since yesterday afternoon. What's all this talk about snow again? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

just windy on Bray sea front,

Surf is good, five surfers oout on the waves.

Any idea when we may be likely to see some white stuff here.

REgards

Silverski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Danno wrote: »
    Jaysus - did anyone read tonights forecast on www.met.ie - sounds good:

Some scattered showers early tonight and becoming very cold with temperatures falling to between -2 and +2 degrees with frost and icy stretches developing. Heavier showers of rain, hail and sleet will spread eastwards overnight and strengthening west to southwest winds will clear the frost from most places by morning.

only good if you live on highground.

there was sleet here but the hills are white

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

silverski wrote: »
    just windy on Bray sea front,

Surf is good, five surfers oout on the waves.

Any idea when we may be likely to see some white stuff here.

REgards

Silverski

There may be none at the coast but if there is, it'll be about an hour I guess.
    Longfield will see it perhaps 20 minutes before hand

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It was snowing heavy where I am early this morning, complete covering of snow now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

This situation reminds me of a few weeks ago, when the temp fell from like 11 degrees to 2 degrees in Dublin with a big thunderstorm:) I love these cold fronts, I really do:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 slainte13

snowing heavy near navan :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Whoa! The second band of rain has reached here but the temp has plummeted from 6.0c to 3.8c in the space of 5-10mins. I think I can already see sleet falling too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Still definitely in the warm air here. Currently 7.1°C with a dp of 5.2°C. Should be an interesting transformation pretty soon.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

tempeture starting to drop here. Next front moving in. Im heading to kippure for this one later.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Mothman wrote: »
    There may be none at the coast but if there is, it'll be about an hour I guess.
    Longfield will see it perhaps 20 minutes before hand

Greetings,

Just started to rain again on the sea front.

Will keep an eye out for any change

Regards
    Silverski

Rain rate back up to 7.6mm/hr, change must be imminent.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Been raining all morning in Kells but now there is a very heavy snow shower. No chance of any sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Temp has just started to drop here, down from 7.6C to 5.4C in a matter of minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

heavy snow in cavan at the moment:D

Here we go...rain rate of 35.2 mm/hr and sleet with a temp of 6.9C and falling!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

So what the hells going on!?

I wake up very hungover sit on the couch and overhear the forecast on RTE, then i go meh, better come in here and check whats going on!

Lets hope we get some surprise snowfall!:D

• Advertisement

Back to rain here and temp stabilised at 6.7°, that was really something!

Met eireann only went up to wednesday forecasting. Maybe another change on the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Down to 4.4C now and rain has turned to sleet!

Temp drop now officially on , down to 6.5°, thats about 0.5°C in the last 10 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

Temps dropping here too, but no values. No snow yet, just rain so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

So what the hells going on!?

I wake up very hungover sit on the couch and overhear the forecast on RTE, then i go meh, better come in here and check whats going on!

Lets hope we get some surprise snowfall!:D

Maybe your 6 inches of snow is 2 days late Matty:D:D
    Seriously though i think this surprised everyone.
    I think thickness's are everything lately and if you look at the 06z run the 528 dam line is always nearby
    Snow potential tonight definately
    Wouldn't it be funny if we got more snow tonight than last Friday

Whatever happens we are all becoming a joke at forecasting the weather
    Today fooled all of us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Heavyish sleet here, 2.2c

Updated Met.ie for tonight: Rain and sleet clearing eastern counties early tonight but wintry showers continuing in the west. Clearing skies will allow icy stretches to form on untreated surfaces. As the night goes on, wintry showers will spread further east and isolated thunderstorms are likely. Southwest winds will strengthen overnight but icy patches will remain. Lowest temperatures -2 to +3 degrees Celsius.

Updated from: Some scattered showers early tonight and becoming very cold with temperatures falling to between -2 and +2 degrees with frost and icy stretches developing. Heavier showers of rain, hail and sleet will spread eastwards overnight and strengthening west to southwest winds will clear the frost from most places by morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

V heavy rain here now, visibilty very low. Rain rate 38.1mm/hr
    EDIT: Make that 65.8mm/hr!

• Advertisement

This is classic stuff, temp now dropping away .02 every mintue

Advertisement