Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Significant snow Thursday Night/Friday/Saturday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Bigger snowflakes at last, 1.7c after 7.4c a couple of hours ago.
    The ground is totally waterlogged and there's loads of surface water though, icy roads tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

Still heavy rain here so far. Can still feel the temps dropping though. Very cool stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Big black clouds approaching from the west and very gusty just light rain atm.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Wow, this is a surprise! Only rain here alright but amazing drop in temp in such a short space of time. Got very dark here just now too and feels much colder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Sundog from netweather is on the road from ashbourne , heavy sleet now falling in that area

• Advertisement

It was full snow for 1 minute and now it's wet sleet again, maybe even rain.
    1.4c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 slainte13

turned back to sleet for a while near navan now huge snowflakes falling

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Just rain in Bray.....

Heavy Sleet

I hope that aint it! skies look brighter after that minute long burst of sleet!

• Advertisement

Very heavy rain. Possibly a little bit of sleet mixed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Rain almost completly died off now and temp at 5.4 steady. Looks like its not going to happen here.
    Pressure stating to rise too, the front has passed.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

The front has largely eased in intensity and become thinner

Light rain here with the odd small snowflake.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

So is that the end of it

Yep looks like the wuest took all the juice out of her! Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Temp down to 2.0C now and heavy snow here for around 5 minutes or so, but it has now pretty much stopped, just a very light drizzle, brighter now to the west too.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Talk about being kicked while we're down! Ah well...

If anyones looking for abit of hope grabbing, there is a decent cluster of showers out off the west coast, doubt its cold enough for snow though..

http://www.sat24.com/frame.php?html=view&country=gb&sat=ir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

The front seems to be moving nearly SSW on the radar. No real temp drop here yet, has fallen from 8.8C to 7.8C in the last 40 mins.
    EDIT: Just as I posted it started to plummet, now 6.6C

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

Wow Where did that come from. Heavy rain turned to snow in blessington and theres now a light covering on grass and cars.:eek:

Temp seems to have dropped gradually here as opposed to the 20 minute drop that was posted earlier. Still just getting a bit of light rain out of the whole thing now. Think that's me done anyway for the moment.

5.8C now. I reckon I might just get a bit more rain/sleet as it more comes up from the South

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Dropped from over 7C to 3.0C now in about the last half hour or so. Although it seems to be stuck on 3 now. Haven't noticed any snow though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭arctictree

I think the cold weather is just arriving here now. Longfield is at 4.2c, I'm at 5.6c and Mothman is at 6.4c. Lets see how this changes in the next hour...

A

arctictree wrote: »
    I think the cold weather is just arriving here now. Longfield is at 4.2c, I'm at 5.6c and Mothman is at 6.4c. Lets see how this changes in the next hour...

A

Temp seems to have leveled off at exactly 5.0C here. I think that may be it for here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

2 deg at Dublin airport and 1 deg at Casement....why am I at 5 deg?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Looks like that's the end of precipitation for Dublin and Wicklow according to the radar. Extends a good bit further west north of Dublin and south of Wicklow but seems to have died off in between!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Just had a wet sleet shower here, and now it is breaking into a very nice blue sky. Looks like kerry1960 got another light dusting of snow again from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Well it's all down to those showers off the west coast now
    Imo we have a decent chance of a widespread snow event tonight
    As always it may not happen and is very marginal but a definate chance

Of course there is a chance of winning the lotto too:D

Advertisement