Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Significant snow Thursday Night/Friday/Saturday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

The mountains sure messed it up for here. I thikn the cold air just sped over me and is gradually mixing with the mild air.

6C, total non event, though the anticipation was exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

2.30 well well well dsc01405tg1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Good stuff Kerry!

There are loads more showers ready to pack into the west this evening and overnight! Reckon you could have a nice few inches by dawn ;)

sleet in tralee @2.oc 2.1c, on my way home it turned to snow,dropped to 0c for a while but ill tell you the temp wasn't long shooting up in the warm sunshine, current 6.7c and the steam is rising off the ground,some impressive looking clouds to my west over the atlantic though .

ill tell ye this there's a lot more weather to come from the west tnite, i can feel it , the sheep even look worried ,heading for knocknagashel shortly (high country) could be interisting out there ,that place can get plastered in may.any int photo ill post later........its game on again boys.......

• Advertisement

kerry1960 wrote: »
    ill tell ye this there's a lot more weather to come from the west tnite, i can feel it , the sheep even look worried ,heading for knocknagashel shortly (high country) could be interisting out there ,that place can get plastered in may.any int photo ill post later........its game on again boys.......

The sheep know! Funny stuff, lets hope your right:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

If they are rain they'll make it all right..if snow..well you know the rest...

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

Taking those showers a while to push in. It's gotten pretty cold here now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Very Black to the west of me now, the cloud looks like it might have snow in it, but hard to tell. Temp is still falling here, now 3.1c, so wouldn't be suprised if there was a bit of sleet at least when shower moves in over me.

Edit: On radar, the shower west of me doesn't look that heavy:

latest_radar.gif

but there is big drops of rain just beginning to fall now. So maybe it will intensify as it moves east.

• Advertisement

Lets hope so! Would be great for us all to get a few flakes tonight as a final hoora.

4.30 lasted 15 mins,some of ye prob wouldn't open the door to see this, but this is kerry.dsc01422we1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Netweather precipitype radar is showing those showers over the west as snow, earlier it showed everything as rain even where people were reporting snow so I don't know whether to believe it.

Nothing wrong with that! I'd be out taking photos too if I got a covering like that here!

rc28 wrote: »
    Netweather precipitype radar is showing those showers over the west as snow, earlier it showed everything as rain even where people were reporting snow so I don't know whether to believe it.

Don't believe it, it is raining here, and not heavily, in north Galway anyway, not sure about other parts of the west though. It is a very grim, bleak evening however, the worst I have seen this winter. Temp now 2.8c and feeling very cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chilipepper

it's raining down here too paddy and it's not feeling very cold at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lovely pic again kerry1960, I'm with squonk on this, if there was anything like that here in Wicklow I'd be out taking pictures like crazy :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Reports of rain should quickly turn to snow this evening as lower thickness's move across the country. Also showers are forecast to pep up which should favour heavy ppn turn to snow
    Might be just a highground event but worth watching all the same
    It's on nights like this that surprise snowfall can occur

Hope those showers start picking up strength soon. They look to be very west-centric at the moemnt and aren't making it past the Shannon. I suppose the wind needs to rise too.

squonk wrote: »
    They look to be very west-centric at the moemnt

Very funny! Forecast on TV just now says that they should move east later, so hopefully you will get a dusting if there is snow in them. But so far, no snow here. 2.2c now. A very wet feeling cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i'll be surprised if we get snow. i think it'll be rain and sleet with snow confined to the high ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

Sky news showed that band of cloud to the north west on thr sat coming across later tonight. They showed it as rain but it feels pretty cold out there now. Hopefully it makes it across to the east.

Tuesday night is looking interesting as well. Probably be no precipitation though.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Back to the PC...

Was at altitude for most of the day today and it snowed for probably 2 hrs in total. Got back home at 6 pm and still an inch or so on the floor so it was a good old battle between the thaw and the fresh fall.

Clear skies, damn cold at the moment. Careful on those roads eh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

We had a sleet shower for around 20 mins here. What are the chances of snow tonight I wonder?

Showers still aren't penetrating to the East and it looks like they're dying out now as well. Hope Met Eireann aren't wrong with their forecast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

We had a sleet shower for around 20 mins here. What are the chances of snow tonight I wonder?

very slim, unless you happen to live on high ground

just had a lazy shower of sleet .1.3c .that shower activity to the west seems to be dying on its feet.game over for now methinks:(

There looks to be a swathe of cloud out to the west
    http://sat24.com/frame.php?html=homepage
    Could we get anything out of that?

Yes thats the occlusion, expect it to fall as sleet/rain/hail in the west but sleety snow in the east.

If we could get abit of a frost in the east, a dusting by dawn could be possible, although unlikely, and the showers probably wont make it this far east, although they will pentrate much further inland as it is an actually weather front not just showers.

• Advertisement

Yes thats the occlusion, expect it to fall as sleet/rain/hail in the west but sleety snow in the east.

If we could get abit of a frost in the east, a dusting by dawn could be possible, although unlikely, and the showers probably wont make it this far east, although they will pentrate much further inland as it is an actually weather front not just showers.

I hope you are right, shower activity is actually dying over me as it moves east at the moment. All I am left with is dribs and drabs. I am past looking for snow at this stage, but if the east gets some I will be just as happy. Do you think there is any chance of thunder tonight in Connaght with that occlusion?

Advertisement