Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Significant snow Thursday Night/Friday/Saturday

1262728293032»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Everything is frozen solid here now in Cork
    Temp at 0C
    Fun and games if the showers move in
    Tonight has potential;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Looking at the Met 3 hour forecast, looks pretty nasty to the west:
    3hr-rain.jpg

Of note is the tight gradient sqeeze getting into Clare and North Kerry. Wind increasing here now, with temps rising again. Now 1.0c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

Those are temp values in the white boxes I'm assuming? That's a balls for snow. Just means wind and rain which isn't good. Seems to be a few showers getting into Clare/Galway on the last radar image on the ME site. Very calm here right now. Expect that will change in the next few hours.

No there are the expected rainfall totals for the next 2 hours. Would be nice if the were the temps along with the rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

Thanks Paddy! What's the weather like there? Only for I've to be up for work in 6 hours, I'd get up later to have a peek at what's happening, but it won't be long over by the time I amup anyway at this rate!

• Advertisement

Get some sleep man! The weather is breezy now, no sign of any rain or snow yet. Temp still at 1.1c. Feels cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Yet another white hoar frost here. Currently -0.5c. The ground is extremly cold though as any loch of water is frozen solid. Anything that falls now will surely be of snow. Looking at the radar, it means 3.30am at least for here, with 5am for Dublin and East Coast. Looking at the latest radar image, I think there is some potential of a very shallow low developing as it tracks up towards the Shannon estuary... something I feel could be of importance for the mid-west before dawn. I must add that this looks alot better than the "northerly" of Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ryanoneill2006

Looks like its falling as snow already.....!!! From met.ie

KNOCK AIRPORT S 13 RECENT SNOW 1 94 Trace 983

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

No new snow here to report, just really cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,916 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This may be off topic but -

Seriously, talking about the weather is something you do with people when you dont know what else to talk about or you feel awkward....

And in 4/5 days youve managed to post 48 pages about snow.

Ah **** off :p

No Snow in Carlow Town anyway. Woke up on Friday completely frozen though - mostly due to my window being broken... leaks heat like a seive :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Bit rich coming from a Stargate fan.

One weekend of watching the weather vs 8 years of watching people pretending to be 'aliens with weird powers'.

As you were....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ch750536 wrote: »
    Bit rich coming from a Stargate fan.

One weekend of watching the weather vs 8 years of watching people pretending to be 'aliens with weird powers'.

As you were....

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

After reading most of this thread it seems this was another rollercoaster jounrney.
    It seemed to me that after a near certainty of widespread snow(before i left) the west done best and particulary the SW.

Did i really miss much here in the east? as it was just cold dry and sunny by day but baltic at night in NYC.No snow there either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭arctictree

Snowbie wrote: »
    After reading most of this thread it seems this was another rollercoaster jounrney.
    It seemed to me that after a near certainty of widespread snow(before i left) the west done best and particulary the SW.

Did i really miss much here in the east? as it was just cold dry and sunny by day but baltic at night in NYC.No snow there either.

You didn't miss anything really. No snow in the east, all the showers died out by the time they got here.

The west fared out much better albeit short lived...

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snowbie wrote: »
    Did i really miss much here in the east?

Yep, missed getting your hopes up, getting excited, missing nights sleep, dreaming of snow days off work ..followed by wet crapola when it all got here...

Yep, you missed it all here in the east ;)

I know where i'd rather have been for the last week !

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea Snowbie it was probably the worst "cold snap" if you could call it that in history, for all the hype it was really terrible, we had a window of around 18 hours for snow and the showers didnt make it, there was one frost and that was it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Oh dear oh dear,sorry to hear that lads. As usual it had the making of historic about it. As exciting as it is watching and anticipating the cold and probable snow,the spontaneous events are the ones that catch us out. Never mind,im sure there be one or two more before March before the sun heats it up too much.

Advertisement