Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Significant snow Thursday Night/Friday/Saturday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

14:00 :
    KNOCK AIRPORT W 24 Gust 48 RECENT SNOW

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snowing heavy here now, started off as rain.

just had a flash of lightning and heavy snow being blown about in very gusty winds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

SNOW here - BLANCH

HEAVY AND VERY DARK

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

stoping now already, it started to stick but sun out again, these showers move along very fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

Got very dark here and some precip just pased to the west of me very close by. Looked like we had rain here for the few drops. Hard to tell if the other precip was sleet or rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

In south blanch here..there was a shower a couple of hours ago (hail), now clouding over again something fierce..dark clouds to my north.

update - now there's precip..looks like sleet to me at the moment.

lol, and a fierce wind to boot..managed to blow my window closed.

Update: It's come back! Sleet/Snow falling now! Yes!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

can someone tell me if that large area of cloud way off to our west (atm) will have any effect on us later........thanks http://wind.met.fu-berlin.de/cgi-bin/meteosat.cgi?speed=4&count=16&intervall=30&refresh=10&playmode=Endlos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Woah... all hell just broke loose here in Blanch. W00T!!! :D

*EDIT* gone again :(

Got about 1 minute or a 90 seconds of snow there. Turned back into rain or light sleet then. Heavy enough shower but it's pushed off now. Promising however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Was a heavy sleet shower in Booterstwon earlier around 1:00, I tihnk it fell as rain here though.
    Temp currently 5.8C, dp -0.7C. seems to be a shower approaching from the North-West atm. It'd want ot be very heavy for snow though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

lol I think we all got the exact same shower there - rain the snow (heavy) then sleet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Thought the blanch shower was stopping because visibility had improved..but it's picked up again. Sleeting away, very poor visibility, dark.

edit - sheets of rain/whatever coming down now.

edit 2 - now a lot more snowy again. Heh. Seems to change ever minute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

There's a heavy sleet/hail shower almost every half hour here in Sligo ...and then the sun comes out again and it's all gone.
    Still too warm for anything sticking. Wind still very strong as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Blanch back to clear blue skies. Probably another black cloud on the way though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Dark cloud over Tallaght now and wind picking up some sleety snow falling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

near blizzard like conditions in raheny

Pitch black to my North and North-West can actually see the snow whiting out visiblity futher North

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Blizzard in Stillorgan. V dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Badabing wrote: »
    Dark cloud over Tallaght now and wind picking up some sleety snow falling.

Mainly snow falling now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Having thunder snow here at the moment! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

anybody catch the 2.55 forecast on RTE 1? Any good news at all? (away from the north)

Completely white out here hail and horizontal snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭repr

Okay after having a good luck around i believe that things are more progressed than first thought.

I would expect the occlusion to move into Ulster around 10pm tonight and to reach Dublin by 5am in the morning.

Regards,

Sounds good WC- goin get the beers in and ill let ya all know if it hits.

Some of you guys might be doin an all nighter down South -;)

Would love to see some thundersnow DOCARCH - Lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Lots of snow here in West Wicklow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

No sign of any snow here in Letterkenny. We had a few hail showers and it is very cold. The streets are drying rapidly here.

Is this a good sign? :D

Proper fine powdery stuff here now temp has fallen to 3.4C dp 0.1C

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

smashey wrote: »
    No sign of any snow here in Letterkenny. We had a few hail showers and it is very cold. The streets are drying rapidly here.

Is this a good sign? :D

Aye same here - the sun is out and everywhere seems to be drying up. I suppose it allows the snow to settle later.:D

Same here also. The ground stayed wet for a while but now it's blue skies, sun and rapidly ddrying ground. Seems to be cloud to my south though. Anyone getting snow around Swords, the Airport, Glasnevin, that general area?

• Advertisement

Skies just cleared here, temp at 2.9C, dp stayed steady at 0.1C. The ground is soaked here but the hills just a few miles West have gone white

Advertisement