Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small issue - am I the only one?

Options
  • 29-01-2008 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, this really is a small issue, and probably of no consequence.

I'll try to explain as best I can.

When I open a forum, and threads that have new posts have bolded titles. This is normal.

When I read the thread, and go back to the forum, that particular thread title is no longer bolded, and others that I haven't read, are still in bold.

If I refresh the page, and someone new has posted in a previously unbolded thread, it becomes bold again. This is normal.

If I read, and post, in a thread, then go back to the forum, the thread title is unbolded. This is normal.

However, if I reply to a thread that has a poll attatched, then go back to the forum, the thread title is still in bold.

Is this normal?

Here is an example, where I went and checked. There was no reply made during my posting. As you can see the thread title is bold, and I am the last poster.

As I said, not a huge issue, but it bugs me. Meh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hmm, never heard or experienced that. I'll do a test on the test forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

That was quick Gordon, I added a picture as an example.

Yeah, I get that too (on Vista IE7). Will check later on FF Mac but it looks like a bug.

I'm on FF 2.0.x...fwiw.

Heh, I just replied to this thread, and it didn't happen.
    :confused:

But it's been happening on a few other polls, specifically the beers one in BGRH, and the beers one in the mod forum.

And the one I posted the picture of in Soccer, and others in soccer too.

Thanks for the help, very quick.

Oh, I replied again to the poll thread in Test Forum, after Mr. Magnolia's entirely witty riposte.

And it happened again.

• Advertisement

Flash Gordon, that's how I roll. *ahem* when needed. (that one's for the PI mods ;) )

Maybe it has something to do with not waiting until the thread has fully completed downloading. Maybe the poll has extra data to be downloaded towards the end of the thread download and we are getting out of the thread before it downloads fully.

Would that explain why it didn't happen the first time, but did happen the second time I replied?

Working fine in test forum for me too.

strange :confused:

Advertisement