Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores, Balbriggan - Is it always poorly stocked?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Urgh, I hate that Dunnes. The amount of times I've had to tell a manager about furry strawberries and blue bread. Of course lower level staff aren't going to care about this, sure "it's not their job" (translation - they have no pride in their job, ergo don't give a sh!t - find a new one, tools). Senior management, however, need to be constantly reminded.

I'd love to do that camera thing, next time I'm going, I'm bringing my camera :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Supervalu isn't much better out of date bread on the shelves there is common site and I have even had the displeasure of seeing out of date moldy bread there.

Tescos,Dunnes and Super Valu in Balbriggan are all pretty bad for anything fresh.
    Lidl is fine for bread and veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

I used that store when it first opened and I thought is was going to be like a mini store concentrating on basics and the usual deli luxury items, as most of the mini stores do. It was very much like that too.:)

When I went back the second time most of the so called fresh food items were either out of date (One item was a week out of date on a special?) or had just one shelf day left. I too asked that manager; was I expected to eat everything tonight and why was this so? He gave some vague answer, telling me; they were short staffed and it’s work in progress. I just left my trolley there in the isle and walked out in front of him. :mad:
    As if food wasn’t expensive enough!! :confused:

I drove to the Pavilions to shop there instead. I wondered if the Balbriggan branch was been used as a dumping ground for the larger outlets, that were having trouble shifting stuff. It’s really what Dunnes thinks of the shoppers in, the Balbriggan and surrounding areas.
    Not very much I reckon! :(

Vote with your feet.

Lidl is excellent in Balbriggan. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭NicheG

DubArk wrote: »
    I wondered if the Balbriggan branch was been used as a dumping ground for the larger outlets, that were having trouble shifting stuff. :D[/COLOR]

I think you are probably spot on there.

Has to be the worst Dunnes I've ever been in. Live in Clonuske and try to avoid Supervalu as sometimes it can be a battle getting a parking spot down there. But am seriously considering goin back there. Only use Dunnes for milk. Rarely anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

The place was pretty decent until Dunnes changed delivery company last year.
    At least when Wheelans was doing the deliveries, you had a chance finding what you needed. [ well better chances than today ... ]

Top of that , they changed the management team [ shop and regional manager ] and they don't really seem to be bothered now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Funny, I don't really mind the range or stock level. Maybe I should look at my diet a little closer??

what really annoys me though is there's hardly ever anyone on the tills, I know the management have a fairly tight budget for wages , but stretching to one extra person manning the tills would keep the queue moving so much quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigjez

yeah waste of time putting all those checkouts in when i've never seen them all being used at the same time

Advertisement