Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite GameType? You can only choose one!

• 29-01-2008 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Well, most of you know that my favourite GameType is Search & Destroy (Sabotage being a close second). But I know that some of you hate S&D! So I was wondering what your favourite GameType was. Thank you for voting! :)

What's your favourite GameType? You can only choose one! 29 votes

Search & Destroy
    0%
    Sabotage (similar to CTF)
    24%
    Steffano2002awhirGenghiz CohenBr4tPr1nc3Full.Duckzuchumniallispuresex 7 votes
    Domination
    10%
    ButcherOfNogmaxitwistGrim. 3 votes
    Headquarters
    13%
    DcullyjonskiheebusjeebusPodge_irl 4 votes
    Free-For-All (Deathmatch)
    41%
    DingatronAdMMMSkittlejonnybaddHavermeyerchristophicusCuddlesworthKamiKazilegologicBurgoAdriatictomred1 12 votes
    Team Death Match
    10%
    silverskiEvd-Burnersebastianlieken 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

my favourite GameType is (by far) Search & Destroy (Sabotage being a close second).

That makes no sense.

S&D for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭niallispuresex

S&D with a TR mod in cod2 was brilliant but in cod4, meh all though it's better than the other game types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Domination
    That makes no sense.

S&D for me too.

lol

sab for me s&d reminds me to much of css which i hate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

HQ tbh, I play so many clan game that when I go on public I want something a bit more fast paced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

Headquarters
    I have been a fan of Domination since Cully , I think it was , first introduced me to Heat Of Battle and I still am , more so on COD4 as there are more routes to the flags . I also think it promotes good team play .

Having said that , I enjoy all the modes but free for all and team deathmatch don't do much for me ........ except once a night free for all on shipment , makes me laugh till my pee comes out .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

I cannot stand S&D, if you want to play Counter Strike go and buy Counter Strike ffs. HQ has been my favorite since cod, but I'm torn between that one and the cod4 version, they're both awesome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Headquarters
    Yup was me jonski,, i love dom,sab and like hq.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

That makes no sense.
    What do you mean? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

What do you mean?
    my favourite GameType is (by far) Search & Destroy (Sabotage being a close second).
    You say S&D is by far your favourite and then contradict yourself by saying that sabotage was a close second.

I kind of agree. If you want to observe a round then play cs.
    I voted for team deathmatch because it means you're not relying on other pub players which is a good situation to be in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

My favourite game is a half-life mod day of defeat origional of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

MajorMax wrote:
    My favourite game is a half-life mod day of defeat origional of course
    I don't think you've quite grasped the point of this thread. It's a poll on people's favourite Call of Duty 4 gametypes. Not a favourite game of all time thread...

Seifer wrote: »
    You say S&D is by far your favourite and then contradict yourself by saying that sabotage was a close second.
    Ohhhhhhhhhh! I get it now! I wrote "(by far)" because I've always liked S&D exclusively but I took a minute to think about the other gametypes and realised that I actualy like Domination a fair bit! I'll edit my post sure...

Seifer wrote: »
    I don't think you've quite grasped the point of this thread. It's a poll on people's favourite Call of Duty 4 gametypes. Not a favourite game of all time thread...
    QFT! We only care about CoD4 'round here! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I like the fast-paced yet semi-tactical nature of Headquarters. You can just jump in and enjoy. Although I hate when a new headquarters appears near you - it just guarantees a swift shrapnel fueled death!

If I just want a quick game or want to practice with a certain weapon then I usually opt for the epic Ground War game mode which is just hectic!

Having a fairly rich CS background, S&D came naturally to me but I bought the 360 so I can play and have a laugh rather than watch some idiots fapping about on opposite sides of the map!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Personal favourite is Team Deathmatch. Preferably Hardcore. After playing hardcoure when you play anything else you just feel like there cheating cause of the amount of ammo it takes to put them down.

I really enjoy the tactics of S&D and always have a bit of fun playing it.

Headquarters is good fun to a lesser extent

Mmmhhh... HQ ahead of the pack... Fair enough. Not a huge fan myself but I do understand its appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Team Death Match is all I play.

Headquarters is good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭maxitwist

Domination
    well ground war really (domination or team deathmatch dont mind as i get tons of kills in both) but since that wasnt there i picked sabotage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Hq.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

who on earth prefers free for all? the only reason im gonna go near that is to get the challenges..

• Advertisement
Advertisement