Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front above Westport and Clew Bay

Options
  • 29-01-2008 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

There's something I've never seen before... perfect blue sky on the one side, and a complete hemisphere of cloud from North Northeast to South Southwest, covering the whole sky. I took a video of it and will put a link to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Here's the link to cold-front.avi. It's 41 MB. I could try to reduce it if that's problematic.

What you see in the video starts at Ben Goram, to the south and west of Clew Bay, then following the front up and over to the other horizon in the northeast. Then I followed the front back to Ben Goram again, and finally panned over to Croagh Patrick.

I have put a much smaller QuickTime movie up cold-front.mov, just 482 KB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

WOW - Reminds me of the film "Independance Day" when the spaceships are overhead! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

http://www.met.ie/weathermaps/IRL-IR-sat.jpg - that is some edge allright! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I was travelling from Galway to Ballina today and noticed this as well. It looked very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Impressive video Yoda, the tail end just cleared here in the last hour and was noticeable even though dark.

The UK MO Infrared animation shows the clearance nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

We have such interesting weather out here.... I really ought to get me a Weather Station.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Wow, that is amazing looking! And what a fantastic place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

I seen the very same one yesterday evening driving home, over the Ox Mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Wow, beautiful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Thanks for the video.

It reminds me of something interesting i witnessed in Belmullet last Summer.

Belmullet at the time was the one place in the country that was fine while everywhere else it was wet. there was clear sky over head, virtually for the whole day, yet just a few miles east it was raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Reminds me of a day when I was in NY just before Christmas. There was no rain or anything but the morning was cloudy and not the greatest and then the whole thing cleared off almost like that, except the front was a concave shape but it looked really impressive.

Advertisement