Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shooting ranges in boston

Options
  • 29-01-2008 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

hi all any help on this would be much appreciated..

im going to boston for paddys day and il be there for a week so looking to go to a shooting range. all of us are going are members of the defence forces and half of use hold weapons privately in civie street.

so can any off you reccomend a gun club in boston that would let us in? and what you can fir it would be great.

id love to go somewhere that you could use a desert eagle or the barret.:D

i found one called boston gun range but it doesnt say what you can fire or if they will let out of towners in:confused:

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

There was a thread on this late last year, here it is-
    Gun range in New York or Boston
    There are a good few pointers there.

... and half of use hold weapons privately in civie street.
    Can I respectfully ask that you don't use the 'W' word in relation to civilian held and licenced firearms?
    PDF/RDF, Gardai, and gangsters possess and use firearms as 'weapons'.
    We mere civilians possess and use sporting firearms for the purposes of target shooting and/or hunting.
    It may appear a trivial and pedantic point, but in my opinion, it's important to always emphasise the distinction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Think this is the one you just mentioned. They say they are open to the public 7 days a week. I guess that would include out-of-towners, might be worth sending them an email to check.
    http://www.bostongunrange.com/comp.html

Not sure if this one is open to the public but they do have a pool table and widescreen TV :D
    http://www.bostongunclub.net/

A list of 93 ranges in Massachusetts
    http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/findlocal.asp?State=MA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

Rovi wrote: »
    Can I respectfully ask that you don't use the 'W' word in relation to civilian held and licenced firearms?
    PDF/RDF, Gardai, and gangsters possess and use firearms as 'weapons'.
    We mere civilians possess and use sporting firearms for the purposes of target shooting and/or hunting.
    It may appear a trivial and pedantic point, but in my opinion, it's important to always emphasise the distinction.

sorry about that Rovi:(. would you beleive that is the first time iv said that normally call the firearms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Peter, been to the Boston gun range myself many times over the last 2 years. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

You can shoot all manner of hand guns and rifles, as well as shotguns I believe. I have shot the desert eagle .50 there 2 years ago and it was still available last August when I was last there. Assault rifles, Uzi's are all available but only in semi-auto mode. I also shot a luger on one visit there. He has all the glocks, USP's etc as well, pretty much any handgun variant you can think of.

Its not far from Boston, maybe 45mins drive but you will need access to a car to get there, not sure if its possible to get a train but worth checking out.

You can walk in off the street, I bought friends last summer that had never shot a gun! You do need your passport, and I recommend giving the guy a call before you arrive with a group(if you know what you want to fire all the better, he nearly ran out of ammo the last time we were there!), he appreciates the warning before 5/6 people arrive.

The owner is patient with questions etc, and since your in the PDF your attitude to firearms and safety would be far better then most Irish over for the week so you should be fine. Last time I was there, there was 5 of us, we rented 1 gun each and we all got to shoot each others firearm. Including a half hour of range time and ammo it was about 90 dollars a man. Obviously rifles are more expensive then handguns.

If you have any questions at all post up or PM me.

astra boy that is bang on il give him shout just once he has the .50 il be grand:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

astra boy that is bang on il give him shout just once he has the .50 il be grand:D

Ya its an experience! Only shot 4/5 rounds out of it, some kick off it compared to a 9mm! :D

astraboy wrote: »
    Ya its an experience! Only shot 4/5 rounds out of it, some kick off it compared to a 9mm! :D

savage cant wait to go now!!!

Advertisement