Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Phone lines for tennants

• 29-01-2008 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

We are trying to help a tenant of ours to sort out a phone line problem. The previous tenants had a line with 'talk-talk', but they have moved out since before Xmass.

Our new tenants are trying to get a phone connection with Eircom set up, but can't due to the fact that the line hasn't been released by talk-talk due to some outstanding bill. This is of course none of our business nor the business of the new tenant, but it seems damn unfair that they have to suffer because of this.

Is there anything as owners of this apartment that we can do to get 'talk-talk' to release the line?

Thanks for any insights

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

As far as I know there is very little you can do about this,
    If you write to talk talk and request they release the line as the previous resident has left they might write off the debt and put a black mark on the person who requested the lines credit history. Or you could pay charges outstanding and request they release the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Just been onto them for the ninth time, got the ex tenant to clear the account and request they release the line, so wanted to inquire if the line had indeed been released.

However, EVEN though on the previous 8 occasions they had no problem telling us that the line had not been released, they now state that we are not allowed an answer to that question under the data protection act. When asked to talk to a supervisor, we were bluntly told NO!.

This is our property, what can we do? The bill has been cleared,we want our phone line back.

Grrr I hate 'help' desks!

the only option is to call back and then say you want a manager NOW and you will call back every person in the building until you get one. Then if they still say no tell them they'll have a solicitors letter demanding they release your line and reimburse you for the costs of all calls made to them.

And if you still get nowhere its to your solicitor and explain it to him/her and he/she will sort it for you.

Yip, I think I'm going to take that route.

There's nothing worse I had the same issue with Smart telecom

• Advertisement

These call centers are becoming a real issue with customer service, they are really good at creating a smoke screen. Thanks man, hope you had some success.

Yep and I'm with Magnet now such a cool company

Advertisement