Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyrrelstown Driving Test Centre (Dublin 15)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 partmak

I applied to Navan and when the confirmation letter came for the test I asked for the Tyrrelstown centre and was given straight away!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 zea

hi newtothis,

I'm new to this aswell...saw your message and would love the number of your driving instructor...can you just send me a message with it or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Vivian

Thanks Muppet01!!, Your instructor was great, I passed my test, and today i got my full driving license by post, I'm in the moon now!! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭newtothis

zea wrote: »
    hi newtothis,

I'm new to this aswell...saw your message and would love the number of your driving instructor...can you just send me a message with it or how does it work?

hi i dont know if you have done your test yet but here is the instructors number <SNIP> his name is tony and i wouldn't have passed without him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭donaghs

Fair play to you for getting through to the RSA testing section. I'm phoning them all week on various numbers and no ones answering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 raineljm

zea wrote: »
    hi newtothis,

hi zea! did u get the driving instructor's number (tony) from newtothis? can u give me the number pls. i'm taking my test in july. i've sent a msg to newtothis but i haven't got a reply yet. i'm hoping to get his number soon so i can start my lessons asap. tnx!

if anyone knows a good driving instructor/ driving school near tyrrelstown, can u give me the name and the number pls. tnx a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

Hi have my test here next month I'm not from the area and haven't a clue where I should be practicing any adivce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Just got a call from the RSA today telling me they have cancelled the rest of this weeks tests for Tyrrelstown as they are having problems !!

Failed my 1st test because the brake light failed on the very morning of the test.So 18 weeks later and my test has been moved out and all out of my hands so makes it frustrating a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

Sorry to hear it Ciaran. Bad run of luck. By the law of averages, you will be have your test within a week of applying next time. Best of luck.

• Advertisement

The girl said they will send out a letter by the of the week informing me of a new date. She couldnt give me a date over the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

I just called SGS to confirm my test for tomorrow @ 9 in Tyrellstown is still on, thankfully it is.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mag 42

Really sorry your test was cancelled, did they give you a new date? What problems are they having?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mag 42

all the best in the morning, fingers crossed for ya! let us know how ya get on.:)

mag 42 wrote: »
    Really sorry your test was cancelled, did they give you a new date? What problems are they having?

They didn't give me a new date.

They didnt exactly say what they were having problems with but said they are having "trouble" with Tyrrelstown.

Just got confirmed there that they moved me to the 28th August for my next test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

I had my test in tyrellstown today and passed thank god. when I was there I asked them about these cancelations and they know nothing about it. they thought it was very strange that you would receive a phone call from the rsa about changing your test with sgs and said you should make sure the calls are genuine

Anyone got a phone no. for the Tyrellstown test centre?

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Anyone got a phone no. for the Tyrellstown test centre?
    Hi Ciaran, you're better off calling SGS Driver Testing central on 1890 927 218 as they'll have all the info on Tyrellstown ;)

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 layla13

I've got my test coming up in Airside in Swords. Has anyone done their test there? What's the route?:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 raineljm

Passed my driving test in Tyrrelstown last July 7. My first time ever to take a driving test so I was so delighted.

To those who gave me numbers of their driving instructors, thank you very much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

layla13 wrote: »
    I've got my test coming up in Airside in Swords. Has anyone done their test there? What's the route?:):):)
    There is a thread on Swords Test centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gatsby79

newtothis wrote: »
    i had my test in tyrrelstown on the 6th it was my first test and i passed, there several different routes that they take you on, i went left at the roundabout when you come out of the test centre then left again at the roundabout before the graveyard up cruiserath road, right at the roundabout left at the next roundabout, next left into estate in corduff for reverse around corner, come out of westway estate, take a right go by corduff shops take right again go left at roundabout right into castlecurragh/warrenstown at the lights then into castlecurragh/warrenstown estate for turnabout which was very narrow road, then back to lights i came in at and turn right at lights, go straight through next roundabout and then straight through the next one again, straight through the roundabout at the shopping centre and go right at the lights for mountview, go past the mountview pub and go left at the lights at the crossroads, when you come to the next set of main lights you take the second left on to main road, when you come to roundabout go left and keep going straight through lights and roundabouts which brings you back up to the road where you will take a left a the roundabout back to cruiserath road, before coming to the roundabout i was asked to pull in, i think that this was my hillstart, from then it was right at the roundabout in tyrrelstown and right at the roundabout back into the test centre.
    Another person who took there test there and passed went on a route which took him straight down to a right turn at the hill after the narrow bridge, then into briarswood, then roselawn, down by the bell and onto the n3 so it seems to vary alot.
    Well good luck to any of you doing your test there i had a very good instructor aswell so if anyone wants his number pm me!
    Hi, I've just been reading these threads and thanks to all for the useful info. I'm hoping Tyrrelstown will be lucky for me but need some practice in the area. Could you please also send me the details of recommended driving instructors?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

passed there myself yesterday , the tester was a really, really sound guy , very laidback
    .The route is a hell of a lot easier than finglas I found(and based on this thread theres probably a decent passrate there)

Its a bit odd though that if you live in Blanch/clonee (like I do, for now anyway), the only way to do a test locally is to apply to another seperate area (finglas) and hope you get shunted to this "overflow" centre{or wait for a date , and if you get a finglas SGS centre postpone it and hope that the admin person you're dealing with is able to change the location to tyrelstown...(unless I'm mistaken and you can apply directly to do it there)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

Can someone send me the details of good driving instructors for the tyrrellstown area?

I have my test there on the 12th Sep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mr_marley

digital ninja, was your test cancelled on the 12th in tyrellstown cos the instructor was "sick?" They called me the day before to say it was cancelled. Got a letter today to let me know its been rearranged for 6th Nov.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr_H_Lecter

Got my test coming up soon in tyrellstown, know the area well, this will be my umpteenth <SNIP> driving test as i have been robbed multiple times in the past, in every case ive sat there quietly and thanked the <SNIP> as he says 'im sorry but we just decided to <SNIP> you over for fun, heres some paper thing for you <SNIP> with, hope we didnt cost you too much money'. im hoping the testers read this board cause if they try that <SNIP> again im reaching across the table and bouncing his head off it.
    been driving since the horselesss carriage days, not so much as a scratch, i wonder if these <SNIP> ever didnt check their blind spot for no good reason other than to be unnecessarily <SNIP> or didnt check over their shoulder incase some flying wonderchild decided to land at lightning speed on the spot that ive just been looking at 2 <SNIP> seconds ago. formalised <SNIP> . nobody on this planet or any other <SNIP> planet actually drives the way they test you. load of fraudulent <SNIP> .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I suggest you read the charter before posting. Consider yourself warned.
    * If you have failed a test, please do not refer to the tester or the RSA/SGS in an offensive manner.
    *No abusive/offensive/foul language in posts. It's unnecessary and not constructive

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jackred

Did Raheny and failed. Managed to get Tyrellstown this time by using the format suggested in this forum. Would appreciate name(s) of good instructor(s) near Riverwood. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Cassie1

Sent PM with details of ex-tester in Tyrrelstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jackred

By PM, Cassie1 sent me name of former tester who is now a driving instructor. He did 3 two hour sessions and I passed this morning. Will pass on his details by PM if anyone wishes to use him.

Found the Tyrellstown experience much more pleasant than Raheny - waiting in the hotel with access to toilets and, I imagine, coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Aviator141

Hi All,

Been reading all your comments regarding the test. I have mine in Finglas RSA. The only thing that I dislike is how narrow the roads seem to be up there. If the tester decides that you are driving too slow he'll mark you for lack of progression and if you drive too fast he'll mark you for dangerous driving. Does anyone have any good tips that can help or a good instructor who knows the routes?? Also should I use the handbrake every time I stop or is there a certain time allowance I have? Thanks everyone :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Aviator141 wrote: »
    Also should I use the handbrake every time I stop or is there a certain time allowance I have? Thanks everyone :confused:
    Generally if you're stopped for more than 5 seconds I'd apply the handbrake, and to prevent car from rolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 francesca.z

where do i go to book the actual test? is it on a different website or do i have to ring in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

cheers donegalfella much much appreciated. One last question....if i have misplaced my theory test certificate thing what should i do? is my learner's permit enough?

oh okay just cos on one of the forms online it said theory test certificate number but thats okay ive had my permit for longer than a year so i need to do my test before it expires. My Driving instructor said even if a dont pass it they will renew my permit without me having to redo my test. I hope he is right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

oh okay just cos on one of the forms online it said theory test certificate number but thats okay ive had my permit for longer than a year so i need to do my test before it expires. My Driving instructor said even if a dont pass it they will renew my permit without me having to redo my test. I hope he is right.

Yes that is correct.

• Advertisement

Sorry for using old thread, but is the Tyrrelstown test centre still open??

Sorry for using old thread, but is the Tyrrelstown test centre still open??
    Nope, it was an SGS 'centre' (based from the hotel) and as far as I'm aware they've done what they were brought in to do and aren't doing driving tests any more.

It is what it's.

Advertisement