Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

perms/body wave in dublin?

• 29-01-2008 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

i've got straight hair and i'm forever twisting it into little buns for hours before i go out to get it a bit wavy and curly. if it didn't take so long i'd do it everyday, so i've been toying with the idea of getting a loose perm done, mostly around the ends. like so:
    148259.jpg

i know its a kind of unpopular treatment and a lot of salons haven't done it since the 80's so loads of new stylists mightn't have a clue. but at the same time i've read that theres been a lot of developments in the world of perms recently, since people are finally getting over the super-straight ghd look, and the new chemicals are less damaging.

so does anyone know a salon in dublin city center thats doing perms/body waves these days? i'm not touching peter marks or toni and guy with a ten foot pole, kthnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭miami2007

hi petek,
    im looking for exactly the same look, that big natural-ish wave. did you ever find a salon that would do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭petek

miami2007 wrote: »
    hi petek,
    im looking for exactly the same look, that big natural-ish wave. did you ever find a salon that would do it?

no sorry, i just gave up on it. i got my hair really layered though, and that helps a lot to make it look more wavy, at least if i twist it into a couple of buns for like 30-60 mins before i go out. my technique is now to dry my hair with hair drier, but not tooo dry, if u know what i mean, and then asap twist it up.. do my make up and get dressed and whatever else.. take it down, shake it out spray a little hair spray on it.. i'm pretty happy doing that so far, its not too much work and it doesn't look too *done* either..

someone who used to get body waves warned me against it and said that once u have it done once and it starts growing out it starts to get crazy if you want to do the roots and maintain it. apparently it makes the ends curl weirder the more you get it redone. i dunno how much truth is in it, but it seemed like more trouble than its worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I would think that most hairdressers would do permanent curls! The only problem is that you want large curls. Large permanent curls don't really work and you'd end up getting tight-ish curls. In order to make these large you'd need long(ish) hair so that the weight of the hair would lengthen the curl. Find a hairdresser you like and ask them to wash and set your hair in curlers (under those big hairdryers like you see in old tv shows and movies) so you can have non permanent curls and decide for yourself if you like/suit them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

i was goin to make a thread like this then i found this!! i was thinking about this for ages for the permanent part is a turn off because of the fear it will go wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mimi3010

I got permanent curls (bodywave) done in petermark last year.I wanted to get large curls but all they could do was tight curls as they only had the small rollers...initially i didnt like them but gradually they began to loosen...It's been a year and a half since I got it done and I still have a wave in my hair. These days I put scrunching gel in my hair when I wash it and then put the hairdryer on it for a few mins and it gives a nice volume and wave to my hair...I'd love to know if there was somewhere that I could get the large curls in though rather that the tight 'perm' that I had initially when I got the bodywave done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gettingold

Hi,

Ive just bought a recent copy of HairNow (March 2010), apparently Schwarzkopf Professional now do a Natural Styling Hydrowave (perm, laced with Aloe Vera), page 40, Katy Perry. I WANT CURLS TOO and so does anyone know where I can get a Schwarzkopf Hydrowave in Ireland, there are a few listed in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Oh gosh, be really careful when getting this done. I had it done a year ago and ended up with a poodle perm. The hairdresser and her colleagues acted like there was nothing wrong and said how 'great' it looked...it was surreal. Thankfully the perm fell out within a few days but my hair was destroyed. It was so damaged and dry, I had to get about 3 inches cut off it in another salon and bought a lot of expensive hair masques. In the end I got hair extensions just to be able to give my natural hair a rest! One of my friends is a hairdresser and he said they'd made a real balls of it and couldn't understand why they'd used really thin rollers during the perm process. I really regret not going back to the salon to rip them out of it for what they put me through.

So...be careful and get personal recommendations!

Advertisement