Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL jerseys

• 29-01-2008 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭

Newish to Dublin, anyone know any store wich sells NFL jerseys?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

Your better off buying the jerseys online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 SexyIrish

I agree. Try e-bay for cheap deals, but make sure you check the site out FULLY. if it doesn't show a picture of the reebok or nike thingies, or doesn't say "THESE ARE NOT FAKE" don't risk is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Trampas

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/n-fluke

is a good seller online

cost around €45 a jersey

also

http://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com/

if you post a ebay number on here he will say if its fake or not and he has a list of ebay sellers who are good and bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

SexyIrish wrote: »
    I agree. Try e-bay for cheap deals, but make sure you check the site out FULLY. if it doesn't show a picture of the reebok or nike thingies, or doesn't say "THESE ARE NOT FAKE" don't risk is.

You would be surprised off how many fakes i have seen with the NFL Reebok patch on them or nike or addidas patch on college ones. Alot of these fakes are made in the far east and made usually by guys who got smart and started their own venture after working in a reebok or nike factory etc. Easy for them to supply ebay sellers at a bulk price and the ebay guy sells them on. Got my hands on some samples and it took me an hour to recognise the difference between the real and fake. And im usually pretty good at spotting it just from photos. Oh and dude sometimes the ones saying THESE ARE NOT FAKE can actually be fake. Reveresed phsycology and all that. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I have an authentic Vikings jersey that I bought from the Vikings store in Mall Of America Minnesota 18 months ago, paid $280.00 for it at the time - Hutchinson #76, white.

Also have a more recent Peterson ~28, white jersey bought from ebay for about €30.00 which was specifically listed as "not authentic".

And last but not least have some of the official "Replica" jerseys which cost about €70.00.

Just to summarise the main differences:

Authentic: Game quality jerseys, absolutley everything is stitched onto the jersey and is of the best quality imaginable. No wonder it cost a small fortune!!

Replica: Everything is printed on and the jersey itself is not as comfortable as the authentic, material used is different and when eventually after washing numerous times the numbers and other print on it starts to wear away leaving it look twice as old as it is!

Now the other jersey, the not authentic one: Everything is stitched on also, not to the quality of the authentic obviously but better than the print version and cheaper too. I would probably rate this jersey above the authentic replicas even though its not real! Not only is it cheaper but the having everything stitched instead of printed really does make a huge difference to the look and feel of the jersey, even when wearing it.

So with that said, the fake jerseys out there are almost as good an option as the real ones. They are probably easier to get too!!

If only I could afford to spend $280 buying an official jersey everytime I wanted one then that would be the perfect world!

• Advertisement

Vikings wrote: »
    I have an authentic Vikings jersey that I bought from the Vikings store in Mall Of America Minnesota 18 months ago, paid $280.00 for it at the time - Hutchinson #76, white.

Also have a more recent Peterson ~28, white jersey bought from ebay for about €30.00 which was specifically listed as "not authentic".

And last but not least have some of the official "Replica" jerseys which cost about €70.00.

Just to summarise the main differences:

Authentic: Game quality jerseys, absolutley everything is stitched onto the jersey and is of the best quality imaginable. No wonder it cost a small fortune!!

Replica: Everything is printed on and the jersey itself is not as comfortable as the authentic, material used is different and when eventually after washing numerous times the numbers and other print on it starts to wear away leaving it look twice as old as it is!

Now the other jersey, the not authentic one: Everything is stitched on also, not to the quality of the authentic obviously but better than the print version and cheaper too. I would probably rate this jersey above the authentic replicas even though its not real! Not only is it cheaper but the having everything stitched instead of printed really does make a huge difference to the look and feel of the jersey, even when wearing it.

So with that said, the fake jerseys out there are almost as good an option as the real ones. They are probably easier to get too!!

If only I could afford to spend $280 buying an official jersey everytime I wanted one then that would be the perfect world!

Yup what he said good summary there chief was going to do it myself but lazyness set in :D:D

Yeah the Authentic ones are class pity on the cost would have alot more of them. Worth every penny. And yeah defo with the other stitched ones only cost 70 bucks in the offseason 25 more than the replicas and they are class also much better than the print.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Going over the states for a football trip in March.

Just wondering around how much it would be for a Packers jersey with Favre on the back?:D

SantryRed wrote: »
    Going over the states for a football trip in March.

Just wondering around how much it would be for a Packers jersey with Favre on the back?:D

As its off season $45 for the Printed version and $75 for the stitched version. And go to Champs they are everywhere. Other sports store tend to lean towards the local team. But Favre shouldnt be hard to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

As its off season $45 for the Printed version and $75 for the stitched version. And go to Champs they are everywhere. Other sports store tend to lean towards the local team. But Favre shouldnt be hard to get.

All right. Thanks very much for that.

Advertisement