Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube We're sorry this video is no longer available!!

Options
  • 29-01-2008 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Why do they have a "Share" button and then put "We're sorry this video is no longer available" when you post it in a forums of some thing like that ?

Is there a way around it ? How do they know it's been played off there site ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Are you sure the video simply isn't available anymore? I know loads of websites who integrate youtube videos into them and they work fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

No it's something else. Cos when i go to youtube and watch it the video it works. Only when i take it off site you get this..

Yes some videos work.. I notice it on the Music videos. Nearly all them dont work.. In saying that about 1 in 15 will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I've had the same issue. It's really annoying and is totally inconsistent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

Are you using Google Web Accelerator, by any chance? I was getting that message ("We’re sorry, this video is no longer available") too.

Then I removed the so-called 'accelerator' (it was useless anyway) and it completely solved the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

fattestman wrote: »
    Are you using Google Web Accelerator, by any chance? I was getting that message ("We’re sorry, this video is no longer available") too.

Then I removed the so-called 'accelerator' (it was useless anyway) and it completely solved the problem.
    That has to be the worst thing I ever downloaded

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

It's about as useful at speeding up internet usage as a spoiler is at speeding up a '95 Starlet. Complete waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Music videos are, for the most part, protected by youtube from hotlinking in my experience. As far as I know, if they are put into the music category, will automatically, be dissallowed from hotlinking, even tho the share button is still there.

It was a pain in the ass, and I feel your pain OP. I gave up on my journey. I'll find a link and attach it here to about 15 files that I had, trying desperately, changing settings to see would it work. Never did.
    fattestman wrote: »
    It's about as useful at speeding up internet usage as a spoiler is at speeding up a '95 Starlet. Complete waste of time.
    For all that Accelerator speeds it up, I could nearly swim to America and pick up the page faster than that piece of crap loads.

Advertisement