Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alain Giresse - price?

• 29-01-2008 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I have an inside tip that Alain Giresse is a virtual certainity for the Ireland job, but nowhere has him listed, any ideas where I can get a price?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Niall1965 wrote: »
    I have an inside tip that Alain Giresse is a virtual certainity for the Ireland job, but nowhere has him listed, any ideas where I can get a price?
    Call into a branch of Paddy Powers perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

You really think he's going to leave Gabon to take over Ireland??? Is that type of post a banning offence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Niall1965

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Call into a branch of Paddy Powers perhaps.

Cheers, I was thinking more of an online option but it looks like I'll have to do this.

As for Darey Devil, its just an inside tip I heard, personally, I'm not a big football fan. Its been a couple of years since I last posted here but I don't remember people being so nasty on it. Calling for a banning is very unfair.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Davey he is entitled to his opinion and you should respect it.

Who would have thought Denis Wise would leave Leeds to join Newcastle!!

You just never know!!

Ah yeah you cought me. Since this is top quality inside info I just didn't want him to spread it around too much.

I wanted to get as much money on this as possible without the price coming down too much.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah you cought me. Since this is top quality inside info I just didn't want him to spread it around too much.

I wanted to get as much money on this as possible without the price coming down too much.

Like I said it isn't my opinion, golf is my game, but I was reliably informed that Giresse is currently in Dublin discussing the job with the FAI delegates.

PP gave me 66/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Cant see it in a million years to be blunt about it but @ 66-1 it was worth a tenner (of your money but not mine ;) )

He's listed on the site today, maybe not such a stupid bet after all!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

67-1

Nice money to be made there if yer right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

lol, so he is.

Comical market.

He could be evens tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

He's listed on the site today, maybe not such a stupid bet after all!:)

Surely he's only listed on the site because you asked for him though??

i'm tempted to start asking for prices on people NOT to be linked to the Ireland managers job.

pwhite587 wrote: »
    Surely he's only listed on the site because you asked for him though??

No, he was on it this morning when I got up for work.

No, he was on it this morning when I got up for work.

Niall you said you were quoted 66/1. It's natural that Paddy Power then put him on the website. It's not a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ian.f

Wikipedia wrote: »
    As of from January 29th, Giresse has been strongly linked with the vacant managerial position with the Republic of Ireland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alain_Giresse

Who's the joker who put that up? Niall will be happy to see it anyway

That has been on many of the candidates wiki pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I'd never even heard of the bloke before now. Think I'll ask for a price on Jerome Kerviel tomorrow and see if he gets a quote on PP.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭JacquesD'Ladd

I was just now scanning youtube for the greats such as George Best, Zinedine Zidane, and Alain Giresse, in that order. So, absolutely completely by accident I fell upon this news. Absolutely amazing and uncanny. Giresse was one of the unsung greats of world football. He was better than Platini, and in fact was the backbone to the great magic'carre (sp), which was the French side of the early 80's. Superbly skillful midfielder who didn't seek the limelight. I don't know what he's like as a manager, but if he's anything as good as he was a player, then it's good news for us (and yes, a strange way to find out)

Paul

I'm afraid Paul the chance of Giresse managing Ireland are slim and feck all.

Ok- its time for me to come clean.. I wanted to see if I could cause a surge in betting by creating a bit of speculation about someone most people hadn't heard of. Giresse was my man. Getting him placed at 66/1 on the PP website was as far as my acheivements went. He's still on it at 200/1, I'd like to think maybe someone backed him! :D

The betting for the next Ireland manager is the most farcicial market I have ever seen, and as someone said in another thread, there really should be an investigation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Ok- its time for me to come clean.. I wanted to see if I could cause a surge in betting by creating a bit of speculation about someone most people hadn't heard of. Giresse was my man. Getting him placed at 66/1 on the PP website was as far as my acheivements went. He's still on it at 200/1, I'd like to think maybe someone backed him! :D

The betting for the next Ireland manager is the most farcicial market I have ever seen, and as someone said in another thread, there really should be an investigation.

YOU SHOULD BE SHOT!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

There should be an investigation into you!!!!! That was a bit much wasn't it!! I hope you didn't dupe too many into wasting their hard earned.

Caveat Emptor! If anyone backed him they deserve to lose their money!

Ok, can we ban him now?

I think a ban is about right. The thread was a complete disregard for people on here that are interested in sharing their honest opinions on gambling, not someone's playhouse for his theories!!!

I couldnt give a **** if I'm banned to be honest, if you think that deserves a ban, it says a lot about this place.. Get ****ed Davey. I was sharing an opinion on gambling, Kinda32. My opinion is that the market is a complete farce. I conveyed that opinion quite eloquently and originally, IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

I couldnt give a **** if I'm banned to be honest, if you think that deserves a ban, it says a lot about this place.. Get ****ed Davey. I was sharing an opinion on gambling, Kinda32. My opinion is that the market is a complete farce. I conveyed that opinion quite eloquently and originally, IMHO.

Gotta agree, to many "know it alls" . We've all got a right to say what we think of a gambling oppurtunity thats what this is for. If we couldnt share our opinions what would people post:mad::mad:

I think that plenty of other people on another post had already said that it was a farce in regard to the amounts of money backed/laid on this market. Your posting was nothing more than a deceitful trick which is in my opinion not what the point of this thread. It is a section for people to share their opinions on all things sport/gambling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭JacquesD'Ladd

eloquent? don't make me laugh - your a tw*t with nothing better to do than spread gossip... you obviously altered the wiki page too? you f$%9ing numbsk*ll... your the kind of idi*t we could do without

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement