Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Unfeminist Thoughts

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Enii wrote: »
    In relation to couples, i think that the man should earn more money then the woman so it is not such a hardship if the woman wants to stop work to rear the children.

Well it doesnt matter who earns more money as long as the worker can keep the family on the salary they earn.

In saying that, this is your secret unfeminist thought so I respect what you are saying.

It is a free country after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Plan_D wrote: »
    There in lies the failure. Ill try and make this short.

Blokes start BG&RH. Off the cuff and it works with blokes just chatting.

Women desire equality. If men can have it so can "we"
    Ladies Lounge approved

Yes, women have their own place now to chat about things that wouldn't fit in any other forum. Women make up a large percentage of boards users, this is the only public forum for them to come to.
    No wait. Name not decided. Not well thought out.

Name decided! Sort of.
    No, there were users on the forum that were unhappy with the original name. We made a poll to decide on the name, as the forum became a bit busier, users didn't understand what Patsy meant and asked for another change. Now boards users know what The Ladies Lounge is for and has become busier by the day.
    Right ..posts...OK so...

"My fella dumped me"

Not really an issue.
    And your point?
    two weeks later. "Post edited by mod because i just realised I was an idiot posting it"
    Don't know about that, point?
    Refer to selves as "wimimins" Thats what the guys do.
    And?
    Man decides that moon racing is the next big thing.

Women decide it is thier right too.

That is nothing to do with rights. ''Why do you climb mountains? Because they are there.''
    Story ends. (There was a bit were someone said they were fat but it made the post too long)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Pff, my bf is dying to say at home. If we had kids he'd quit work like a shot and I'd let him. He can stay at home and change nappies and clean up puke. I'll keep going out to work to get some peace. Plus I earn more than him! :D:D

Yes, sometimes the woman earns more, ladies!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

WindSock wrote: »
    There in lies the failure. Ill try and make this short.

Blokes start BG&RH. Off the cuff and it works with blokes just chatting.

Women desire equality. If men can have it so can "we"
    Ladie Lounge approved

Yes, women have their own place now to chat about things that wouldn't fit in any other forum. Women make up a large percentage of boards users, this is the only public forum for them to come to.

No, there were users on the forum that were unhappy with the original name. We made a poll to decide on the name, as the forum became a bit busier, users didn't understand what Patsy meant and asked for another change. Now boards users know what The Ladies Lounge is for and has become busier by the day.
    Right ..posts...OK so...

"My fella dumped me"

Not really an issue.
    And your point?

Don't know about that, point?

And?

That is nothing to do with rights. ''Why do you climb mountains? Because they are there.''

Maybe I am a little hungover :o but that I the most confusing post I have ever seen....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Plan D really annoyed me with that post....there was a poll to find a name...so what?

A girl poured her heart out over getting dumped...yet again, so what? She needed somewhere to vent and I'm glad she did, she helped a lot of people and a lot of girls have made friends on here now because they're going through the same thing.

We should be able to post what we want on here without someone like you picking at every little thing.

I really like this forum, less of the nastiness please.

• Advertisement

Fixed the quotey bits, if that helps. I was confused about the original post, I don't know what most of it meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

SarahSassy wrote: »

In saying that, this is your secret unfeminist thought so I respect what you are saying.

Thanks!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Niamh (narco) that was a beautifully written, heartfelt post, and I’m awfully sorry to hear you went through such a difficult time. Even though I’ve never met you, I can glean from your posts, PMs you’ve sent me and what others have said about you that you are an amazingly kind, thoughtful person. People like you who are so sensitive to others’ feelings are rare – most of us aren’t so thoughtful, but no harm is meant. Recently, one of my best friends had her hen night and after five hours of drinking we were all fairly rat-arsed and the night got messy with people getting lost etc. My mate was so hurt – she is as caring as you are. But as I said to her, nobody meant anything by it. It was a Saturday night and everyone was pissed which led to carelessness, simple as. Nobody was taking her for granted – we’re all insane about her. But she is such an immensely thoughtful person she got upset when it seemed to her that it wasn’t being reciprocated.
    I think most people are fairly decent though and wouldn’t be setting out to hurt anyone intentionally. So, I’m gonna defend Peared, myself and others by asking this: is it really so bad not to want to be very overweight? I don’t think that’s the same as looking down on those who are overweight. But maybe it is. However I have NEVER felt disgust or scorn towards an overweight person purely because of their size. I will admit I have on occasion felt a little sorry for SOME people who are very overweight – but only those who are really quiet, shy and nervous and it’s clearly affecting how they see themselves (like some of the people in narco’s support group). But then there are other people who are really overweight and act in the exact opposite manner and I certainly wouldn’t feel any bit sad for them. For example another one of my closest friends – she is very overweight but she’s happy, confident and she accepts herself. She would like to lose the weight but at the same time, she doesn’t let it hold her back. I don’t have any feelings of pity for her because she certainly doesn’t need it, and if the time comes when she wants help with losing the weight, I’ll be more than happy to help her in any way I can.
    The other thing too is that I can empathise with those who feel bad about their weight, because I went through years of using food as an emotional crutch when I had depression, and my weight ballooned, with the result that I was absolutely miserable. It affected me on every level. I have to say, since I lost the weight, life has improved immeasurably. So I have good reason for not wanting to be very overweight – it’s not down to superficial, faddy reasons. By the same token, before I was diagnosed with depression I wasn’t eating at all (simply due to lack of appetite) and I got so thin my ribs were sticking out, and I was also miserable then. In fairness, when I say very overweight I’m talking about obesity, not having a bit extra on the bum or thighs. I’m a 12-14 now, I’m definitely not skinny and I do not want to be. In fact I’ve more on the stomach than I’d like after all the Christmas over-indulgence, but it’s not the end of the world. Healthy eating and exercise will shift it in time and I’m not gonna give up my weekend booze-ups or occasional treats. For chrissakes there are people on the “What size are you” thread who are size 4 and 6 and act like it’s the norm – that to me is far more insensitive than the stuff being said about weight on this thread. It’s a shame that someone felt the urge to start a “What size are you” thread in the first place.
    So please understand when some of us say we would not like to be really overweight. Not many people want to be fat, including very overweight people.

And also, there are far worse things being said on this thread that I’m surprised haven’t generated more debate…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Plan_D

Dudess wrote: »
    Niamh (narco) that was a beautifully written, heartfelt post, and I’m awfully sorry to hear you went through such a difficult time. Even though I’ve never met you, I can glean from your posts, PMs you’ve sent me and what others have said about you that you are an amazingly kind, thoughtful person. People like you who are so sensitive to others’ feelings are rare – most of us aren’t so thoughtful, but no harm is meant. Recently, one of my best friends had her hen night and after five hours of drinking we were all fairly rat-arsed and the night got messy with people getting lost etc. My mate was so hurt – she is as caring as you are. But as I said to her, nobody meant anything by it. It was a Saturday night and everyone was pissed which led to carelessness, simple as. Nobody was taking her for granted – we’re all insane about her. But she is such an immensely thoughtful person she got upset when it seemed to her that it wasn’t being reciprocated.
    I think most people are fairly decent though and wouldn’t be setting out to hurt anyone intentionally. So, I’m gonna defend Peared, myself and others by asking this: is it really so bad not to want to be very overweight? I don’t think that’s the same as looking down on those who are overweight. But maybe it is. However I have NEVER felt disgust or scorn towards an overweight person purely because of their size. I will admit I have on occasion felt a little sorry for SOME people who are very overweight – but only those who are really quiet, shy and nervous and it’s clearly affecting how they see themselves (like some of the people in narco’s support group). But then there are other people who are really overweight and act in the exact opposite manner and I certainly wouldn’t feel any bit sad for them. For example another one of my closest friends – she is very overweight but she’s happy, confident and she accepts herself. She would like to lose the weight but at the same time, she doesn’t let it hold her back. I don’t have any feelings of pity for her because she certainly doesn’t need it, and if the time comes when she wants help with losing the weight, I’ll be more than happy to help her in any way I can.
    The other thing too is that I can empathise with those who feel bad about their weight, because I went through years of using food as an emotional crutch when I had depression, and my weight ballooned, with the result that I was absolutely miserable. It affected me on every level. I have to say, since I lost the weight, life has improved immeasurably. So I have good reason for not wanting to be very overweight – it’s not down to superficial, faddy reasons. By the same token, before I was diagnosed with depression I wasn’t eating at all (simply due to lack of appetite) and I got so thin my ribs were sticking out, and I was also miserable then. In fairness, when I say very overweight I’m talking about obesity, not having a bit extra on the bum or thighs. I’m a 12-14 now, I’m definitely not skinny and I do not want to be. In fact I’ve more on the stomach than I’d like after all the Christmas over-indulgence, but it’s not the end of the world. Healthy eating and exercise will shift it in time and I’m not gonna give up my weekend booze-ups or occasional treats. For chrissakes there are people on the “What size are you” thread who are size 4 and 6 and act like it’s the norm – that to me is far more insensitive than the stuff being said about weight on this thread. It’s a shame that someone felt the urge to start a “What size are you” thread in the first place.
    So please understand when some of us say we would not like to be really overweight. Not many people want to be fat, including very overweight people.

And also, there are far worse things being said on this thread that I’m surprised haven’t generated more debate…

That is horrible to read. Impossible even.

Have you considered typing in txt format with spaces and paragraphs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i could read it. thought it was a very good post too.

and watna, ha, i'd be the exact same as you there, i'd probably keep working and the b/f would stay at home if there were kids on the scene.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Narco is crumble froo now? When did that happen? It's going to take me ages to stop calling you narco you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

That is horrible to read. Impossible even.

Have you considered typing in txt format with spaces and paragraphs?
    Funny, I can spot the paragraphs. But thanks so much for your kindly concern. One question though: what is "txt format"?

Ok, Now I think the thread has run it's course. Closing time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement