Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying??

Options
  • 29-01-2008 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Well i have 3 days until the mocks and i hav done barely nyting!!French is already a lost cause while biology is just too dificult and irish is deadly aswell!

Just Wondering If anyone has any advice on when to study?I Heard Morning Study is good as in start at 6am or sumting lyk tat..while others say night study at weekends is fairly handy as in 10pm fri nd sat nite?Has anybody tried any of the above and if ye hav is it ny gud??

Also if any1 has any ideas on how to pass(I nly need a D3) honours french as in what areas shud i concentrate on plz comment:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Your post was difficult to read. I recommend you get a working keyboard.

When to study depends entirely on the person involved. I find I can't remember things I do late at night, so after about 10 or 11pm, study is a lost cause for me. If it's going to happen, I do it when I'm just home from school, before I have time to settle into doing lazy things.

I don't know how you are at French so it's difficult to tell... the Oral and Aural account for 55% of it, so if you can do well in them, you don't need to do so well on the written paper to get a pass... Maybe learn some useful phrases for sticking into writing pieces, I find if a grammar question comes up on the reading passage it's handy enough (ie "find an example of the passé composé in the second paragraph"), if you know how to spot them... (stuff like adverbs tend to end with "-ment"). I think French ultimately boils down to vocabulary though. Good vocabulary and you're set for the reading comprehensions, so provided you can form sentences you'll be grand for the writing bit too.
    Make sure you know your basic verbs (aller, etre, avoir, prendre, the ones that come up frequently), too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

the Oral and Aural account for 55% of it,

45% i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

.. Yeah. 20% + 25% = 45%, I realise in retrospect.

Hm. I'm sitting my Maths mock tomorrow.
    Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Deadly? So does that mean an A1 in Irish or an F?

Cram, cram, cram!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭hippety-pippety

how much time does everyone spend studying after school? and how long per subject, and how many subjects a day?

also my mocks start tomorrow with music - does anyone have any good notes because we dont use a book so im relying on getting notes from the internet or a revision book
    if anyone can recommend anything pls do
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement