Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 121 96, Electricals

Options
  • 29-01-2008 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Hiya all, The car yeh its auld but its doing me well till I pass my test coming up the end of Feb, (fingers Crossed )

Electricals having a problem, noticed when I Press the break the fog lamp light shines on, on the dashboard,, also its has developed further in the last week, when Im indicating right alls fine until I press the break which makes the indicator speed up and flash rapidly , foot off break the indicator returns to normal speed, press break again=speeds up , etc etc,

Im not much of a mechanic but is there anything I can do? I know were the fuse box is in the car, and wondering what might be going wrong

( Kinda broke at the moment so an Expensive mechanic trip is out of the question.,)

any ideas?

Thanks all.

Dark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

sounds like an earthing problem in the rear light cluster. not uncommon on Fords.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

diconnect each rear lamp one at a time and try it to isolate which lamp is causing the problem, possibly water corrosion or have you replaced any bulbs lately? may have been the wrong ones common problem;)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

Thanks Colm

Any ideas, how i could go about fixin it,

Not very good, on cars, but not to bad with electrics

Cheers

Dark

Thanks Ford will Do,

Havnt Replaced any bulds, however the last hugh downpour about a month ago , went through some large puddles and I think it started around there,
    so you may be on to something,

Cheers

Dark

any corrosion should be fairly obvious once you get the lamp off.

• Advertisement

thanks

Its both lamps on the right hand side, and the flash the same speed ( much faster) when the break is pushed,

Should i also check the fuse box on the Car,? as the lamp on the dash board comes on even when the fog lamp isnt on ,, its shines bright,

Thanks

Dark

Fiestas are known for corrosion problems on the rear lights. I'm 99% sure that's what's happening here.

cool. will look into it,

so whats the first thing I need to do and were do i begin?

replaces bulds? check fuse ? check points, check lamps?

Cheers again

Dark

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

just pull the main connector of thr rear lamp and check the connections it will be fairly obvious usually rusty lookin crap

I'm not an auto electrician, but I'd start by diconnecting the rear light cluster and visually check the terminal plug and any wiring going to the lights from the plug, use some fine sand paper to clean the contacts and drive out any moisture using WD40. If you had another light cluster to plug in it'd make things easier.

• Advertisement

Thanks to you both

Thats my job for saturday morning,,

Many thanks

Dark

Advertisement