Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston to Airport

Options
  • 29-01-2008 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

I'm getting into heuston at about 8.15 on friday morning. I'm wondering could I get out to the airport by about 10 and what would be the best way there.

Bus to Bus Aras and then onto the airport?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Check dublinbus.ie - theres a direct bus to the airport from heuston that leaves every half hour. Its either the 746, 747 or 748.

Check the site for the correct route number and departure times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?placeName=Dublin%20Airport&SelectedRoute=748

Not sure if it goes via Port tunnel, if it does you're grand. if not best might be luas to middle abbey street and take the 747.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?placeName=Dublin%20Airport&SelectedRoute=747

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

The Airlink from Heuston does go through the port tunnel. Take it, should get you to the airport in 30 mins. Presume check in is at 10 and not the flight ? You're leaving a lot to chance depending on Iarnrod Eireann to be running on time in that tight a window though. If you're delayed by any more than 30 mins (does happen occasionally), get a taxi from Heuston. Best of luck !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

No the flights at 11 I just want to get there by ten.

Sounds like I should make it anyway. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

That's quite tight, you'd have to be there by 10:20 to check in, assuming you're not using online check in. so you've only given yourself a 20 minute margin of error. I'd get a taxi, it would end up being much quicker. it would cost about €30 but i'd prefer to pay that than miss the flight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Noelie wrote: »
    That's quite tight, you'd have to be there by 10:20 to check in, assuming you're not using online check in. so you've only given yourself a 20 minute margin of error. I'd get a taxi, it would end up being much quicker. it would cost about €30 but i'd prefer to pay that than miss the flight

€30- if some sneaky fvcker takes you through the park and out onto the M50.

€20-€25 if the driver takes Church St./Phibsboro/Ballymun route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

You should have plenty of time to take the Airlink, 748 runs from Heuston at 0835 and 0905, either one should have you in the airport by 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 SexyIrish

Mairt wrote: »
    €30- if some sneaky fvcker takes you through the park and out onto the M50.

Tell him you want to go up through Phibsboro, you'll fly out. Don't go next or near to the M50 before 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Mr.S wrote: »
    Luas to o'connel street
    Abbey Street (No stop on O'Connell Street. ;))
    Mr.S wrote:
    and Air Coach? less then a 10er
    €7

I got a taxi from Finglas to airport (so less than 10 minutes to Santry Cross and then back of airport) regularly and it's e17. e20-e25 seems too cheap when you're already paying e5.80 when you sit into the thing given it's a rank at Heuston

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

jdivision wrote: »
    I got a taxi from Finglas to airport (so less than 10 minutes to Santry Cross and then back of airport) regularly and it's e17. e20-e25 seems too cheap when you're already paying e5.80 when you sit into the thing given it's a rank at Heuston
    I agree. I would expect Heuston to Airport to cost about €40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

jdivision wrote: »

How is it €5:80 when you sit in the cab at Heuston?.

How is it €5:80 when you sit in the cab at Heuston?.
    Sorry stand corrected, thought they could charge the extra e2 if you got in at a rank. have been charged that myself, glad i checked it out now. Thanks for tipoff

Advertisement