Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lunatic drivers on our roads

Options
  • 29-01-2008 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Sometimes I think people would rather you died in a crash than took up 2 seconds of their time on the road! I was on the N4 on the way home. I was in the right lane, looking to change to the left. I look in my mirror, all is well, the other driver is a good few car lengths behind. Plenty of room for me to switch over. I indicate, have another look, all seems well. The traffic ahead is slowing down slightly but it is moving at about 60kph. I start moving over and next thing the guy behind decides he doesn't want me moving in front of him. He comes flying forward so I can't get in. I indicate back into the original lane which I never even got out of. Next thing I look to my right and some lunatic in a Focus is flying past me on my right with about 2 inches to spare between me and him so I am stuck between the two lanes! Scared I was!

I also hate people who fly into your lane in front of you without indicating at 100km/h!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I was indictating into the right line on a fine stretch of road today.

There is plenty of space both in front and behind the dikhead in a 2.4 A6 to my right, so first I slow to go in behind, he slows to be along side me. Then I speed up significantly to get in front, he rips up along side me - and laughs.

So I fkking whacked him out of it and he crashed into a parked car and I mossied on.

[i am only coddin]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

chump wrote: »
    I was indictating into the right line on a fine stretch of road today.

There is plenty of space both in front and behind the dikhead in a 2.4 A6 to my right, so first I slow to go in behind, he slows to be along side me. Then I speed up significantly to get in front, he rips up along side me - and laughs.

So I fkking whacked him out of it and he crashed into a parked car and I mossied on.

:D:D:D
    wasnt laughing anymore was he:D:D:D

but ye somtimes you commit to a manuever because sombody has moved, then move back, believe me that person in the focus probably **** herself:D

op should have pulled in, if your rear ended its the driver behinds problem, although not crashing would be a priority:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

Today I was at Newland's Cross, sitting in the left hand lane to get onto the N7. Sitting there about 5 minutes waiting for the lights to change, had a look around and none of the drivers in the next lane over seemed to have any intention of moving into mine. The light goes green, I'm waiting on the cars in front to start moving off. The car in front of me starts moving off so I start going forward. Next thing, without indicating, some tramp in an SUV swerves right over from her lane in front of me while I am moving, as if I am not even there! I beep at her because she didn't even seem to look! Because of her, I missed the lights. We get on the N7 and she is in the left lane, I am on the right. She is a good bit ahead of me but I catch up with her and indicate to go into her lane as I am taking the next exit. I was doing about 80kph as was she. I speed up and next thing she is matching me inch for inch, would not let me in, just kept looking at me! I ended up giving her the finger and eventually she let me in. Cow!

kona wrote: »
    :D:D:D
    wasnt laughing anymore was he:D:D:D

but ye somtimes you commit to a manuever because sombody has moved, then move back, believe me that person in the focus probably **** herself:D

op should have pulled in, if your rear ended its the driver behinds problem, although not crashing would be a priority:D

I like my spinal cord just the way it is! I would prefer to avoid crashing altogether!

Honestly I do my best to be safe, it's so frustrating and scary when people try and run me off the road!!!

As for the Focus- I was in the middle of the two lanes when they overtook me, they missed me by literally inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Chirst! I could visualise that. The fukr speed up on you, he / she should have got instant disqualifcation 12 points and a big fu driving ban for 2 years. It would make you want to have front and rear cams to prove this to the garda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

Hal1 wrote: »
    Chirst! I could visualise that. The fukr speed up on you, he / she should have got instant disqualifcation 12 points and a big fu driving ban for 2 years. It would make you want to have front and rear cams to prove this to the garda.

The RSA nor the Gardai seem to care unless the person is speeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

slightly but it is moving at about 60kph

You were driving in the right lane on the N4 dual carrigway at 60? :eek:

The traffic was slowing down. This was at rush hour like.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

LuckyStar wrote: »

Youre lucky to get to 60kmph at rush hour on that road!!!

Ah, ok ;)

• Advertisement

Jeapy wrote: »
    Youre lucky to get to 60kmph at rush hour on that road!!!

It was up just beyond the Spa, it usually frees up a bit around there.

It was up just beyond the Spa, it usually frees up a bit around there.

aa.. ok.. near the speed camera..

Sorry i thought u were further out near the motorway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

I had a similar run in with some retard on the way home tonite. I came across this guy in an audi doing 25 in a 50 zone.. So I went to overtake him and when he saw what i was doing he sped up to 70 so i was parallel but could not get around him!!! I had to drop back behind him to avoid oncoming cars!!!

B$stard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Small willy syndrome; they feel inadequate so every square foot of tarmac has to be defended to the death or else their secret will be out.

Advertisement