Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midweek Premiership Games

• 29-01-2008 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Newcastle about to take on Arsenal, gona be fun :)

Why is there a crap game on TV? Seems like that is happening more and more these days.

Arsenal v Newcastle, 19:45
    Bolton v Fulham, 20:00
    Middlesbrough v Wigan, 20:00
    Sunderland v Birmingham, 20:00

Chelsea v Reading, 19:45
    Derby v Man City, 19:45
    Everton v Tottenham, 20:00
    Man Utd v Portsmouth, 20:00
    West Ham v Liverpool, 19:45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Probably have to fill the quota of every team to be shown a certain amount of times.

Twice now that Arsenal and Newcastle has been ignored :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Which game is on TV3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Tv3? sunderland birmingham on sky sports 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Call_me_al wrote: »
    Tv3?

Mistok a ? for a 3 :o

Sunderland 1-0

Their home form might just make the difference between relegation and staying up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

If they win tonight and results go their way they could rise up to 13th in the table come the end of the night! It sure is tight down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

That was just beautiful, lovely goal from Arsenal.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Great interplay from Hleb, Cesc and Flamini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

PHB wrote: »
    That was just beautiful, lovely goal from Arsenal.

where's the arsenal game on?

The interweb :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Arsenal look good and Adebayor looks on fire, he really is scoring for fun, Newcastle's story is the same as usual, can't defend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Villain wrote: »
    Arsenal look good and Adebayor looks on fire, he really is scoring for fun, Newcastle's story is the same as usual, can't defend.

Titus Bramble is still there in spirit. :)

They can't score either it seems.

Recipe for disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

The interweb :)

Any good streams? The one i have is crap! I think it was a nice goal but i couldn't actually see it properly:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Birmingham vs. Sunderland is a relegation scrap though. Two teams with poor defences. No excitement so far but I'm sure Sky are hoping it'll end up with a scoreline of 5-3 or something.

I use a website called tvandsportstreams.tv
    It's a pay website, it's not bad, not great, but you can watch pretty much every game.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=5410&part=sports get sop cast and you'll get one that works I had one that was 100% quality but sound wasn't english, found English but picture breaks up the very odd time, try a few sop casts or Tvants

What the hell was Yorke at there? Whitehead had a clear jump at a ball to clear it with no one challangung him but Yorke involved himself and ran straight into the back of him.:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Jesus Kapo nearly took his own head off :D

Jailbird Barton came on, still all Arsenal, it was hilarious seeing Denis Wise in a suit while owner has a jersey on, Denis Wise in a director of football type role ROFL got to love Newcastle for entertainment.

• Advertisement

I'm having this weird hope that somehow, just somehow, Newcastle might nick a goal here. It's a fool's hope :)

Had to say it didn't I :)

LOL calling it fool hope is being polite, Owen looks cheesed off he's been caught offside more times.

Waiting for goal on stream its behind 30 yard screamer it says.

OH YEA what a strike by Flamini, great goal and Barton just looked at him must have been afraid to tackle in case it broke his bail conditions!!

Newcastles games:

Boro Home
    Villa Away
    United Home
    Blackburn Home
    Liverpool Away

If Newcastle don't get something against Boro, they may well go the next 5 games getting no points. Relegation battle anybody?

Lol, Newcastle can't defend route 1 stuff.

Relegation is possible if they don't sort out defence, Keegan could be gone by the summer and Wise could be wishing he was back at leeds, it really is hilarious imo.

Fab makes it 3-0

Newcastles games:

Boro Home
    Villa Away
    United Home
    Blackburn Home
    Liverpool Away

If Newcastle don't get something against Boro, they may well go the next 5 games getting no points. Relegation battle anybody?

Lol, Newcastle can't defend route 1 stuff.

They'll definitely be involved in the relegation scrap, i said it in the thread when he was re-hired. Awful decision to bring him back.

Prica just scored to make it 2-0 to Sunderland.

• Advertisement

Yep nice simple goal, Defence is crazy, hint of offside but was close.

Yep nice simple goal, Defence is crazy, hint of offside but was close.

The Sunderland goal? It was the Brum defender (ridgewell?) headed it towards the keeper so it cant have been offside.

Stekelly wrote: »
    The Sunderland goal? It was the Brum defender (ridgewell?) headed it towards the keeper so it cant have been offside.

Arsenal goal maybe?

Prica has a goal disallowed for handball, no replay yet but i didnt see too much wrong with it

Very harsh from the ref. How can he say he meant that?

Yea it was the Arsenal goal I was talking about Bendtner looked off slightly. Nicky Butt just had a great free kick come off the post, that hand ball decision against Sunderland looked harsh, action all round

• Advertisement

Football Manager strikes again

Mauro Zarate looks very very good since coming on

All over at Arsenal easy 3-0 win could have been 4 or 5 really, another game without a goal for King Kev, they did have 3 shots on target :D

Assuming they win this its a huge 3 points for Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

the only difference between Big Sam and King Kev? the geordies like Keegan.

Fabregas scored? Is that guy still around? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Fabregas scored? Is that guy still around? :p

Still around and top of the table..:D:D:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Great goal by Flamini. What a season he is having.

United's team tonight:

VDS

Brown
    Vidic
    Rio
    Evra

Park
    Scholes
    Carrick
    Nani

Ronaldo
    Rooney

Gona be an interesting game :)

Carrick is gona sit very very deep. I think we should have enough to win it, it's important that Tevez gets a rest though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

it's important that Tevez gets a rest though.

no its not !! some of us need the FF points, is he on bench?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

KdjaCL wrote: »
    no its not !! some of us need the FF points, is he on bench?

kdjac

Yeah, he's on the bench.

Have to say, looking at th eUtd game , I;m amased some players can collect their massive paycheques every weekk with a straight face.The portsmouth players have been terible. Standing around while the players they are marking are jogging off to collect return passes, not bothered fightign for loose balls and generally not giving a crap.

I dont know if it's a product of the massive money they are on or not but its a disgrace. Ronaldos free kick was brilliant, but not 1 pompy player made an effore to actually jump and put their head near it. The 2 players that the ball went over turn around and ducked. If you cant expect commitment for 20,000+ a week, how can you get it? I'm not sayign they would have got a touch, but if they did it more than likely would have lifted the ball a bit a may have knocked it over.

A bit of effort is all I'm talking about. If they give 100% and get beaten, then nobody can complain, but to go out half arsed is just unacceptable. I'm only picking on Portsmouth becaus ethey happen tobe on and doing everyting wrong but I've seen it plenty of times elsewere.

As for Baros? I dont know how he can call himslef a footballer. Anyway, rant off, iit's been comign for a wile though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Have to say, looking at th eUtd game , I;m amased some players can collect their massive paycheques every weekk with a straight face.The portsmouth players have been terible. Standing around while the players they are marking are jogging off to collect return passes, not bothered fightign for loose balls and generally not giving a crap.

I dont know if it's a product of the massive money they are on or not but its a disgrace. Ronaldos free kick was brilliant, but not 1 pompy player made an effore to actually jump and put their head near it. The 2 players that the ball went over turn around and ducked. If you cant expect commitment for 20,000+ a week, how can you get it? I'm not sayign they would have got a touch, but if they did it more than likely would have lifted the ball a bit a may have knocked it over.

A bit of effort is all I'm talking about. If they give 100% and get beaten, then nobody can complain, but to go out half arsed is just unacceptable. I'm only picking on Portsmouth becaus ethey happen tobe on and doing everyting wrong but I've seen it plenty of times elsewere.

As for Baros? I dont know how he can call himslef a footballer. Anyway, rant off, iit's been comign for a wile though. :)

Thinking the exact same, they are very very poor, you get the feeling that before the match they are thinking we are going to get beaten here.

Liverpool lose to West Ham, City draw with DERBY! and Everton are drawing, 4th place is so open, Rafa will lose all fans soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Another f*cking sh1t performance tonight. Not the nicest of things to wake up to

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Not the nicest of things to wake up to

You should come back home so, at least that way you can be like the rest of us and go to bed depressed. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

You should come back home so, at least that way you can be like the rest of us and go to bed depressed. :)

Ha ha true. Nice 8 hour shift ahead of me now.

At least at home we could all congregate in the one spot and do one of those mass suicide thingys

• Advertisement
Advertisement