Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midweek Premiership Games

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Stekelly wrote: »
    Have to say, looking at th eUtd game , I;m amased some players can collect their massive paycheques every weekk with a straight face.The portsmouth players have been terible. Standing around while the players they are marking are jogging off to collect return passes, not bothered fightign for loose balls and generally not giving a crap.

I dont know if it's a product of the massive money they are on or not but its a disgrace. Ronaldos free kick was brilliant, but not 1 pompy player made an effore to actually jump and put their head near it. The 2 players that the ball went over turn around and ducked. If you cant expect commitment for 20,000+ a week, how can you get it? I'm not sayign they would have got a touch, but if they did it more than likely would have lifted the ball a bit a may have knocked it over.

A bit of effort is all I'm talking about. If they give 100% and get beaten, then nobody can complain, but to go out half arsed is just unacceptable. I'm only picking on Portsmouth becaus ethey happen tobe on and doing everyting wrong but I've seen it plenty of times elsewere.

As for Baros? I dont know how he can call himslef a footballer. Anyway, rant off, iit's been comign for a wile though. :)
    OPENROAD wrote: »
    Thinking the exact same, they are very very poor, you get the feeling that before the match they are thinking we are going to get beaten here.

Rednapp said before the game that "anything would be a bonus".

Portsmouth only traveled this morning with a return after the game. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail etc, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Rednapp said before the game that "anything would be a bonus".

Thats exactly the sort of ****ty attitude that gets you nothing in these games. FFS West Ham beat Utd and Liverpool in the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Stekelly wrote: »
    Thats exactly the sort of ****ty attitude that gets you nothing in these games. FFS West Ham beat Utd and Liverpool in the last few weeks.

At home, portmouth played with 4 full backs and were still tore apart.

I blame harry, he sent the tem out to lose and to keep the score down, suppose its also "know your place".

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

KdjaCL wrote: »
    I blame harry, he sent the tem out to lose and to keep the score down, suppose its also "know your place".

kdjac

Thats the thing tho, plenty of teams go out and refuse to know their place.They give honest performances and no one is up in arms callign for sackings if they are beaten because they give their all. The pompey performance was terrible. They couldnt make simple passes and were continually trying stipuid long balls and through balls when there was no player there. Noboday wanted the ball when one of their own player shad it. You dont have to be playign a crap team to make an effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

jaysus, as soon as i heard liverpool had conceded a penalty i asked straight away, was it carragher? i just knew it was him, the lad has given away a shedload of penalties this year, maybe 5? thats shocking, really is. He has lost a yard of pace and he has been well below par this year.

And chelsea, another 1-0 win....was it a set piece by any chance? they are a f**king terrible team to watch and the most boring around. i can stand them, at least when jose was there, he was a bit of entertainment himself. that grant is just a muppet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Grant a muppet? why because they keep winning :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Villain wrote: »
    Grant a muppet? why because they keep winning :D

just look at his face and ul see why!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Have to say, looking at th eUtd game , I;m amased some players can collect their massive paycheques every weekk with a straight face.The portsmouth players have been terible. Standing around while the players they are marking are jogging off to collect return passes, not bothered fightign for loose balls and generally not giving a crap.

I dont know if it's a product of the massive money they are on or not but its a disgrace. Ronaldos free kick was brilliant, but not 1 pompy player made an effore to actually jump and put their head near it. The 2 players that the ball went over turn around and ducked. If you cant expect commitment for 20,000+ a week, how can you get it? I'm not sayign they would have got a touch, but if they did it more than likely would have lifted the ball a bit a may have knocked it over.

A bit of effort is all I'm talking about. If they give 100% and get beaten, then nobody can complain, but to go out half arsed is just unacceptable. I'm only picking on Portsmouth becaus ethey happen tobe on and doing everyting wrong but I've seen it plenty of times elsewere.

As for Baros? I dont know how he can call himslef a footballer. Anyway, rant off, iit's been comign for a wile though

Saw the hightlights and i agree they were ****e! Too many teams roll over to the bigger teams all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

just look at his face and ul see why!

He does look frighteningly like an actual muppet... but he's a damn good manager so far it seems..

• Advertisement
Advertisement