Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar pubs

Options
  • 29-01-2008 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Thanks for all the info when i posted for help on Mullingar restaurants.Going to push it now and ask you for your recommendations for bars/pubs/nightclub.

There will be about 20 of us all late 20's early 30's on a hen for the weekend. We are not dressing up or anything just love a bit of craic and banter.Somewhere that isn't full of wannabe's and kids!

It would be nice to go to different places on the Friday and Saturday

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Mullingar's Achilles' heel is Nightclubs. there are 4 and 3 of them are pretty rubbish. The Final Fence is decent enough, Mojo's is full of kids, Spin is full of pikeys and Le Louvre is full of Foreigners !
    On the Pub front the news is better:
    Danny Byrnes is usually good at the weekend, The Bar in the Greville can be okay until round night-club time, Cons has a good mid-young crowd, The druids chair will probably be empty, but stick your head in and see, Kerrigans and McCarthy's are worth the same glance, in case.Canton Caseys will be wedged as usual, but if you can get in its good. Caffreys can be good too, depending on the crowd. But with 20 of you, you'd fill most of the pubs in town. If there is nothing that takes your fancy there, The Stables might have some good live music on, check out whats on that weekend, they do get some good acts in.
    Have a good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Excellent news! 20 eh? Well, for Friday I think you should try Danny's and then go to the Fence. And on Saturday go for Caffrey's and try the Fence again. Friday is a very quiet night in Mullingar, but Saturday certainly is not. Steer clear of Mojoes and Spin whatever you do. The Greville is fine, but as has been said is full of foreigners and they close the bar at 1:30 on the nose. I'm not sure if they have those annoying bar shutters still, if they do expect to be ordering your drinks by means of begging underneath them from 1 am onwards. In other words, don't go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Excellent news! 20 eh? Well, for Friday I think you should try Danny's and then go to the Fence. And on Saturday go for Caffrey's and try the Fence again. Friday is a very quiet night in Mullingar, but Saturday certainly is not. Steer clear of Mojoes and Spin whatever you do. The Greville is fine, but as has been said is full of foreigners and they close the bar at 1:30 on the nose. I'm not sure if they have those annoying bar shutters still, if they do expect to be ordering your drinks by means of begging underneath them from 1 am onwards. In other words, don't go there.

oh my god...how bridge house like!!haha:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

offaly1 wrote: »
    oh my god...how bridge house like!!haha:p

That's mad!

Same owner you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

Danny Byrnes best place to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

That's mad!

Same owner you know?

Oh indeed i do know,often see christy throwing a few shapes on the dancefloor!! :p ah no, but do see christy in the club sometimes keeping an eye on the place..

Advertisement