Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good guitar songs for sing along?

• 29-01-2008 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Hey, I've played the guitar for a year or two, and I'm fairly confident on it. The only thing is whenever I'm in a house or at a party, I'm always asked to play a tune. The thing is I don't have a singing note in my head, so I am looking for recommendations for a few songs to learn that would go down well at a party.

I'm open to most styles of music. Cheers in advance.;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Hey Jude - The Beatles (in fact a load of beatles stuff would be ideal because everyone knows it.

Wonderwall - Oasis (the old reliable)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

I'm always asked but I don't know that many songs that others would like to hear. Here's a few easy ones that people know

Knocking on Heavens door
    Pearl Jam - Elderly woman
    One - U2

Almost any song can be simplified to a few chords if you take the time to work it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

newton faulkner - teardrop is always a crowd pleaser!

originally by massive attack....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

ob-la-di ab-la-da from the beatles.
    Betterman - Pearl Jam
    Crossroads - Cream might be a bit tricky though
    Goden Retriever - Super Gurry Animals
    Wish you were here-Pink floyd

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Leonid

You could play some good instrumentals. I'd keep it short and interesting though lest they expect you to break into song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Tom petty, dont back down

cant go wrong with it, everyone knows it everyon likes it, its easy to play simple enough, ua gota know it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Anything that a lot of people are going to know the words to and join in.

I play the likes of -

Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger
    Cranberries - Zombie
    Travis - Baby One More Time
    Green Day - Time Of Your Life
    Take That - Back For Good
    Four Non Blondes - What's Up?
    Snow Patrol - Run

All very cliche but it's what people want at a sing song. No use bangin out some mad alternative tune that only one or two people know while everyone else is bored off their t*ts.

Advertisement