Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I keep my skinny jeans from getting baggy?

• 29-01-2008 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

This, my friends, is a constant struggle. I have skinny jeans from Topshop, Awear and Cheap Monday. The latter pair aren't too bad, but the Topshop ones...sigh...I bought them a size too small as recommended by everyone as they stretch, I could barely close the top button tbh, and Im by not means fat! Felt great as they loosened up in the few hours, and really liked them...snug and the leg was good and fitted, like skinny jeans should be..but as time went on and days went on, they got all baggy, even after a wash I'd only get an hour or less before they went all (sorry folks) saggy at the back, and I can literally grab half a handful of the leg...so disappointed as I loved them...is there some sorta thing I dont know about to keep skinnies exactly that; skinny?

I can't go down another size, that would be ridiculous..

anyone experience similar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

I find Topshop jeans go like that anyway,no matter what the style..now i know thats no help but you maybe fighting a losing battle,especially since you find the other brands ok...what I do sometimes,if im at home and my jeans have gone baggy but i want to wear them out ,i chuck them in the dryer, at the hottest setting..tightens them a bit but tis only temporary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Someone else suggested the tumble dryer option...havent got one boo hoo...actually it's the same with the others too, but the fabric in the Cheap Monday ones is stiffer...ah just having a wonder..it really bugs me!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Do what i do...

Put on a few pounds :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MCMLXXXIII

Wash in hot water

...like, not ridiculously hot because it will lose color, but just regular hot, then dry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Sounds like they're just bad quality - that shouldn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

Hate when that happens.
    Only problem I find with putting them in the Dryer is that they sorta twist outta shape a bit :/ and still the tightness doesn't last that long.

I usually wash them at I think, 40 degrees? (I dunno, it's number 6 on the machine!) I had a think last night and reckoned Ill try a hot wash...at least some others know what it's like! I feel like stopping someone in the street and asking how the hell they keep their jeans in shape, but I reckon that's a dodgy route..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Oh please someone post a solution to this eternal problem!!! I have skinny jeans that I have to keep in shape by washing and then putting in the dryer for an hour. This seems to be keeping them fitting ok for the moment but I fear the constant tumble drying is wearing out the material and they're fairly new! They're also fornarina, so they were fairly expensive and should be good quality... :(

Thank the Lord someone who really understnds my plight!!!!!!! Help, fellow skinnies wearers!! They go all buckly and cant wer them with my ankle boots anymore!!

and someone buy me a tumble dryer...please

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

I lash everything into the tumble dryer if it gets baggy (my jeans always go that way). it gets them tight for one wear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

This, my friends, is a constant struggle. I have skinny jeans from Topshop, Awear and Cheap Monday. The latter pair aren't too bad, but the Topshop ones...sigh...I bought them a size too small as recommended by everyone as they stretch, I could barely close the top button tbh, and Im by not means fat! Felt great as they loosened up in the few hours, and really liked them...snug and the leg was good and fitted, like skinny jeans should be..but as time went on and days went on, they got all baggy, even after a wash I'd only get an hour or less before they went all (sorry folks) saggy at the back, and I can literally grab half a handful of the leg...so disappointed as I loved them...is there some sorta thing I dont know about to keep skinnies exactly that; skinny?

I can't go down another size, that would be ridiculous..

anyone experience similar?

If you have a sewing machine, turn the jeans inside out and sew another seam beside the original one at the outer seam edge. You can sew any depth depending on how tight you wanyt them. Veer in gradually as you come up to the waist so you dont change waist size. Some drycleaners do alterations where you can get this done if you have no machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Forgot to say, sew inside leg seam too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Try lying on your back on the floor with your legs resting on a coffee table(or pouffe).Then gorging on a diet of fizzy cola bottles,lard,fried banana sambos and walnut whirls. After 8days you should start resembling elvis costello,10 days adelle and 14days the singer from the mavericks. It's your choice. Just don't go putting them near a needle and thread as home alterations always look cack.

Pad them out by superglueing nappies into the space inside.

That's what the singer from Keane does. He also brings spare ones when doing live shows which is handy as you ncan easily beat him up,rob them off him and stick them in your ears while waiting for the next act to come on.

Humberklog, I believe you've solved the problem:)

Gollyitssolly thanks for that, I dont have access to one but I am heading to the dressmakers this weekend so might see and price if they can do something altho I dont want to pay more than the jeans cost!

Theyre going into a hot wash tonight!

Advertisement