Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need better Lighting...... Ideas ??

Options
  • 29-01-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question to see what bulbs you are using:

I have a 01 Passat and to say the head lights are brutal is an under statement.
    Iv replaced them with supposedly stronger bulbs 160W ( Some unknown Japanese brand) - Claim - ("XENON" gas technology which enables them to perform at the same level as HID) :D:D Yeah right!!
    Lights are just about ok when not meeting on coming traffic but im flying blind with on coming cars. :eek:

What to do .......... :confused:

Heard good reports on 'Philips Xtreme Power Headlight Bulbs' ???????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Fit an extra set spot lights :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

homer90 wrote: »
    Iv replaced them with supposedly stronger bulbs 160W

Be careful not to overload the lighting circuit - if you do you could end up with a fire :eek: If you've uprated to 160W per side then that's a serious increase in current through the circuit. The wiring may not be up the job of handling the required current for long periods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

You may need to replace the headlights some times the silver reflective coating can burn off leaving you with little to no light (happened in my polo). Auto express rated the philips extreme power very highly top I think in the test they did. Have bought them for my new car from www.powerbulbs.co.uk or slightly cheaper on www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

crosstownk wrote: »
    Be careful not to overload the lighting circuit - if you do you could end up with a fire :eek: If you've uprated to 160W per side then that's a serious increase in current through the circuit. The wiring may not be up the job of handling the required current for long periods.

Yeah know what you mean ......... should have been more clear in my original post...... the bulbs are 100W but 'magically' give the lighting power of 160W:rolleyes: Only in this case it didn't do, what it says on the tin ......... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How about HID's, they improved the lighting on my car dramatically. I couldn't use high wattage bulbs due to plastic lenses and light wiring.

• Advertisement
Advertisement