Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Davis Run - Malahide Castle March 1st

• 29-01-2008 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi All,

There is a 5k race in memory of John Davis being held in Malahide Castle by Piranha Triathlon Club on March 1st. Entry is e20 with the proceeds going to the Irish Cancer Society.

Click on the link below for full details
    http://www.piranhatri.com/article.php/20080118115511431

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Hi, What time is that race on? I can't seem to see on the website.

Tks

Geld

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cantswim

The race starts at 10.30am. Will get the site updated.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

I was looking at info on this race on the web recently and the websites said to enter asap as the event was expected to sell out. How many entries will there be? As a complete novice runner do I have any place entering this event in preparation for the Great Ireland run?

Yes do enter. The reason its likely to sell out early is because entry numbers are very small i.e. 200 i think. After that the insurance became very expensive and the organisers are just keen to run a race in memory of John Davis while also trying to raise some cash for the ICS. Definitely a good one to do in prep for a 10k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

cantswim wrote: »
    Yes do enter. The reason its likely to sell out early is because entry numbers are very small i.e. 200 i think. After that the insurance became very expensive and the organisers are just keen to run a race in memory of John Davis while also trying to raise some cash for the ICS. Definitely a good one to do in prep for a 10k.

cantswim, I've entered that run and was wondering how it can be as expensive to enter as a run with 2000 people taking part ?
    Surely the insurance isn't that dear?

I do find the ICS a worthy charity and will donate on the side to that but as for the run itself a larger field would surely be more benificial to all concerned?

• Advertisement

I'm not involved in organising it myself but from talking to a mate that is the insurance was a big issue. I know they had looked at a large field but first time out in new location etc they wanted to keep it manageable and make sure it happened. Don't know anymore than that to be honest. Just plugging for race for them here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 johndavisrace

Hi,

Thanks for the interest! The castle hasn't been used in a while for a race so the council have limited the numbers as it is our first time using it. Ideally we'd like to have it higher to raise more cash but if its successful we'll be looking at increasing the numbers for next year! Even with the numbers we hope to raise a fair amount for the Irish Cancer Society and have a great day in beautiful surroundings, with loads of prizes with some spot prizes too,

Hope you've a great day at it!

Hey lads,
    looking forward to the run on Sat, will ye have full access to the car parks there ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

All carparks are going to be open on sat that wont be a problem, Race is full now so should be a good event.

This can be a fast course if , I used to race a 2.5 mile years ago and set a few pb's around there, which i'll be way way of this weekend

Any word on when the results are up lads?

Fair play on a well organised race !

• Advertisement

results on the piranha site

Advertisement