Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunkin Donuts?

• 29-01-2008 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭

Has all trace of Dunkin Donuts been removed from Ireland?
    I remember most of their shops shut down but some Cafés used to keep a Dunkin Donuts stand.
    I love to get my hands on a few of their Double Chocolate donuts.
    Is there anywhere left in Ireland where you can get them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

No they are all gone afaik

Hope i'm wrong though ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Used to be one in a garage in Limerick, long gone now though.

Tim Hortons is the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

nine one one in UCD is the only remaining one. Its not called dunkin donuts but they are the exact same.
    there used to be a few Nine one ones in petrol stations - texaco possibly, but I don't know if they still do.
    What kind of donuts do they do in Esso On The Run? Cos I think they might be similar too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The Boston cream was yummy!:)

istockphoto_342322_donut_chocolate_with_filling.jpg

I remember their shop in Ballyfermot, mid 90s maybe? I don't think it lasted very long.

I just noticed that the online Golden Pages still has their shops listed! Grafton Street, The Swan Centre in Rathmines, The Square and Ballyfermot are all there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The tim hortons here are rotten compared to what they are in canada (and some parts of the north east of america)

If your over there do yourself a favour and get some, even if you dont particularly like donoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The tim hortons here are rotten compared to what they are in canada (and some parts of the north east of america)

If your over there do yourself a favour and get some, even if you dont particularly like donoughts

I find that Tim Hortons are nearly alway stale when I get them. I can't stomach them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

yeah i found that with them too. But over the pond there always fresh, cheap and delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

in tesco the tim horton ones are usually fresh enough. in other places they can be horribly stale.

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    in tesco the tim horton ones are usually fresh enough. in other places they can be horribly stale.

Not in the 3 Tescos I've tried. (My mum still thinks I like them and buys them for me so I have to eat them.) Although I might pop down to tesco in Galway seeing as you said they're fresh there. (Although maybe not, it'd be easier to go to M&S for one!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

janeybabe wrote: »
    Not in the 3 Tescos I've tried. (My mum still thinks I like them and buys them for me so I have to eat them.) Although I might pop down to tesco in Galway seeing as you said they're fresh there. (Although maybe not, it'd be easier to go to M&S for one!)

it probably depends on the time i visit tesco, usually sat afternoon during my lunch break, though i have got one or two stale ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Do we have anywhere nice that do Dounuts??

The thing is a Dunkin Dounuts in the middle of town would do superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭cookiequeen

Tere are few things I wouldn't do for some Krispy Cream right now. Roll on july when I go th the US again!!! Donuts all round!!!

Although I might pop down to tesco in Galway seeing as you said they're fresh there. (Although maybe not, it'd be easier to go to M&S for one!)

Janeybaby, the ones in Tesco in the Galway Shopping Centre are always stale even if you go before lunch. I've given up trying them..

Although I might pop down to tesco in Galway seeing as you said they're fresh there. (Although maybe not, it'd be easier to go to M&S for one!)

Janeybaby, the ones in Tesco in the Galway Shopping Centre are always stale even if you go before lunch. I've given up trying them..

Ah Tesco is too far for me to walk to anyway, I might just make my own doughnuts.

or pop down to the market they have the little ones that are still warm and covered in sugar!!!!

or pop down to the market they have the little ones that are still warm and covered in sugar!!!!

They still have them?

Nothing will beat Krispie Kreme! We need them in Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Krispie Kreme were meant to roll out in a number of locations including Ireland, I guess that didn't happen yet. I live in the US and don't think Dunkin' Donuts are all that tasty, prefer some from the local bakery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

I loved dunkin donuts there used to be one near my schol. there were rumours going round for years that they had to close as traces of cocaine were found in the donuts lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I remember the Ballyfermot one too.... feck Dunkin Donuts, i want a Cinnabon over here :D And a Taco Bell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Saruman wrote: »
    I remember the Ballyfermot one too.... feck Dunkin Donuts, i want a Cinnabon over here :D And a Taco Bell

Forget those, Wendy's is the way forward!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

My god, if there was Cinnabon's on this side of the world, I'd be the size of a house! Starbucks cinnamon swirls are bad enough!

Forget those, Wendy's is the way forward!

Forget wendys with their square pattys, whats the point of that???

Its "In & Out" all the way!!!

SteaknShake, Ihop :D, Dairy Queen :D:D

Ooh Dairy queen, raspberry extra thick, blizzard!!
    Yummy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

SteaknShake, Ihop :D, Dairy Queen :D:D

SteaknShake +1, love their Coffee Mocha milk shake and their frozen yogurt shakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Is that Wendy's still over in the garage near ballyfermot (cherry orchard, i think???) please say yes, please say yes...

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Raven_k42

....anytime in London...on the way from Victoria to Gatwick....or Paddington to Heathrow....I stock up in the rail stations !!. They usually have deals for 12...or 24...and they come in a box which are handy to carry on the flights. Almost worth a trip in themselves !!!.

Strange how they haven't made it here...as the outlets in Victoria etc are really small...

K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    Well the one I work in they arrive in boxes and are kept in a chiller, that's probably why they're not fresh.

• Advertisement

Is that Wendy's still over in the garage near ballyfermot (cherry orchard, i think???) please say yes, please say yes...

Wendy's? As in US fast food chain Wendy's??? Or something else?
    I know there was a Whimpy there once

Advertisement