Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunkin Donuts?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

In my local (yay!) Krispy Kreme they give you a free piping hot glazed donut straight off the Willy Wonka style conveyor belt behind the counter while you queue. I've never tried heroin but I'm guessing it must be similar and the donuts are cheaper and you get a good discount for a double dozen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Saruman wrote: »
    Wendy's? As in US fast food chain Wendy's??? Or something else?
    I know there was a Whimpy there once
    Maybe it was whimpy?? I assume by there once, you mean it's not anymore?? :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Wendy's is the one with the square patties. I think there's a Wendy's in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

I just bought a Tim Horton jam donut a few days back, compared to the standard cuisine de france ones they're deadly, fresh and the jam is actually pretty good. Is there any other good places for donuts in the city centre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My mother bought me a Tim Hortan's doughnut today (despite me telling her I don't like them!) and I was surprised at how fresh it was. I still nuked it in the microwave though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Can't beat an oul Boston Creme... *drools*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I'd love the double choc from Dunkin'Donuts, I remember the one in Tallaght as my friend lived out that way and we'd always go in for one.. *Drool*

Though in Boston - I started getting these things which I like to call scuffins (oddly enough they are called that in Oz) because they're a cross between a scone and a muffin.... I'd get a cinnamin one and my friend would get the blueberry one...mmm

BTW Tim Hortons were nice when they first came out because they were fresh. They now freeze them - the lady in Tescos told my mother this before, she said 'oh they're not ready yet, just defrosting'.... :eek: so THAT's why they taste gack now. Frozen and ones left over from the day before..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

star-pants wrote: »

BTW Tim Hortons were nice when they first came out because they were fresh. They now freeze them.

They were always frozen. They come that way.
    star-pants wrote: »
    ones left over from the day before..

Dosen't happen. All reduced and then chucked out at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

karmabass wrote: »
    They were always frozen. They come that way.
    I mean like they're not baked properly, one of the Spars used to do it
    karmabass wrote: »
    Dosen't happen. All reduced and then chucked out at the end of the day.

Most are I know, but there has been times when they are left overs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Tim Hortons ftfw.

Had Dunken Donuts in NY recently, absolute crap in comparison tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement