Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ford fiesta auto info

Options
  • 29-01-2008 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

hi guys

looking at an fiesta duratec for the missus.
    The one we drove was really clean etc and she was more than happy with it, but I was a little worried about something.

The gear change tended to be a bit rough on full throttle changes ?
    Are they all like this ?

Has anyone else any experience of these, I am having touble finding another to test tbh and don't really have a huge amount of time to get to one at the mo

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As with any car (new or used) that you are thinking of buying - get it checked by someone who knows what they are doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I am on car number 30+ which I bought myself without having yet bought a dog.

However I asked for advice on a certain gearbox - there's no guarentee a "professional" without experience of the same gearbox will have any idea about it either - so I turned to boards to ask if anyone had

thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I am on car number 30+ which I bought myself without having yet bought a dog.

However I asked for advice on a certain gearbox - there's no guarentee a "professional" without experience of the same gearbox will have any idea about it either - so I turned to boards to ask if anyone had

thanks anyway

I am a bit of a Ford fanatic, but I get the impression their auto boxes have always been a bit lacking, both in terms of ability and durability.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

have only worked on a few of these had one or two with rolling back issues but wasnt anything major,are you buying it main dealer? if you could get someone to check it over first it may also help to have a quick scan on the tcm just to see if there anything about to show its face;)

ford jedi wrote: »
    have only worked on a few of these had one or two with rolling back issues but wasnt anything major,are you buying it main dealer? if you could get someone to check it over first it may also help to have a quick scan on the tcm just to see if there anything about to show its face;)

are these known to be notchy on full acceleration, it seemed much better when the wife drove it ( lighter right foot I presume )

do you do inspections ?
    What do you charge ?
    I am unsure how I could get the car to you I really have no time at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

is that a durashift box a manual box with electric shifters like an Alfa Selespeed or Toyota MMT? If so, it won't be as smooth as a conventional box.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    is that a durashift box a manual box with electric shifters like an Alfa Selespeed or Toyota MMT? If so, it won't be as smooth as a conventional box.

yea thats the one, seems like it was smoother when I used the manual option alright - even did a small blip of the throttle on the down shift!

Thanks colm

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it is what I think it is, it won't creep as easily as a conventional auto, and it won't take automatic trans fluid!

Advertisement