Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deer encroaching on my apartment

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Hey.

I've been offline for a few days. My address is Sandyford, but I'm just OUTSIDE the M50 (think Lamb's Cross vicinity). So the mountains, or hills or whatever they are, are a very short distance away.

I haven't seen the deer since, but I'm sure I will again, as we've seen them maybe four times in the five weeks we've been here.

Reason I checked back tonight is that I heard a high pitched yapping as I was watching Planet Earth on DVD with my sleeping girlfriend as I drank Highfield Marlborough Chardonnay, and I scarpered out on to the balcony to see what it might be (I thought maybe deer again). It was a fox - big and red and agitated. I was sorry I had no scraps to fling down to him.

It's a real winter wonderland up here.

I'll try feeding them. I hope they don't become fat and dependent, or develop high blood pressure from the salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Title of this thread is funny.... have you ever thought at you might be encroaching on the deers living space?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

KBarry wrote: »
    They are very cute and all, but when they become unafraid of people deer can be a nuisance, as well as dangerous. I was bitten by a deer a couple of years ago. In the bollix. On my honeymoon. :(

That may be the funniest thing ever. I mean, my fullest sympathies, but that is hilarious. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

That may be the funniest thing ever. I mean, my fullest sympathies, but that is hilarious. :p

Looks like deer like to eat chestnuts!

And Jules, I'm pretty sure that, back in the day, there were deer living where your own house now stands. At least I can coexist with my deer - but what happened YOURS? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Now if you want to be lik that... we are all doing it, so lets just all move away and let the animals be!

• Advertisement
Advertisement