Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

volvo s60 d5 diesel/fire

Options
  • 29-01-2008 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Car burst into flames..03 reg..70K on the clock..full service history..bought from new €48k..total right off..what the f**k is that all about..???? anyone heard off anymore hot volvo`s..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Where did the fire start? was it being driven at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 becker

Oilrig wrote: »
    Where did the fire start? was it being driven at the time?
    yeah..partner was driving it,and smelt smoke..so stopped,then it burst into flames..lucky..whole front off the car melted away..

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I presume the insurance company will do an investigation. lots of things can cause fires. not all of them the car's fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Smelt smoke?

Doy you know where the fire started? ie under the dash? what I'm getting at is whether it was a fuel fire or electrical.

• Advertisement

true..but non smoker..smell off smoke..then when, stopped the central locking wouldn`t open..finally got door open..to run away from the car..frighten stuff..What The F**k volvo..safe cars..???? maybe on the outside looking in..!!!!

Oilrig wrote: »
    Smelt smoke?

Doy you know where the fire started? ie under the dash? what I'm getting at is whether it was a fuel fire or electrical.
    the firemen said more than likely electrical,as diesel engines wouldn`t off done as much damage..ie,flames and smoke..

well,i`ve just checked this car on a uk site..the dvla site..and i think volvo ireland might have an question to answer..the car`s vin no. between such and such a number were recalled in the uk for modification,to prevent fire,and not here..are we different to volvo british customers..????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

becker wrote: »
    well,i`ve just checked this car on a uk site..the dvla site..and i think volvo ireland might have an question to answer..the car`s vin no. between such and such a number were recalled in the uk for modification,to prevent fire,and not here..are we different to volvo british customers..????

[Troll On]
    Sure, we pay twice as much for car ownerhsip and dealership services and we get lip service for customer care (if we're lucky)
    [Troll Off] ;)

More seriously... Glad your partner's OK, but I found this: http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/0910/volvo.html

So, looks like a recall may have been made after all? If anything, that may at least give you/the investigators something to draw on.

Advertisement