Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audio Driving Test

Options
  • 29-01-2008 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering is it possible to purchase or download the audio rules of the road in any shop or web site,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Do you mean a copy of the rules of the road on audio CD ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Dont think so tbh. You kinda need the pictures to show road positioning and other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I recite them all before every car journey (like the pledge of allegiance). I'd be happy to record it next time for you :p

Seriously though it's an interesting point. I think the rules of the road should still be available in audio format (e.g. for the blind) in some form.

javaboy wrote: »
    I recite them all before every car journey (like the pledge of allegiance). I'd be happy to record it next time for you :p

Seriously though it's an interesting point. I think the rules of the road should still be available in audio format (e.g. for the blind) in some form.

I imagine the blind wouldn't get much benefit from the rules for the road....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

jhegarty wrote: »
    I imagine the blind wouldn't get much benefit from the rules for the road....

They'd be better off knowing how a pedestrian crossing works than not knowing!

• Advertisement

That's something a blind person would require special training for... not hear in an audio book....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Think you're trying to get yourself out of a hole with that response :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I think the rules of the road should still be available in audio format (e.g. for the blind)
    There's enough people driving around with very poor eyesight without allowing the blind onto our roads! :eek:

Advertisement