Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what software do i need?

Options
  • 29-01-2008 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hey guys just wondering what software can extract specific parts of music , i thought this would be the best place to ask . Im thinking a program which would be on download.com.though this would be the best place to ask

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

You need to be more specific. When you say extract different parts of the music, do you mean 'sample' it ie, take complete four bar beat out of a song.

or

Separate different elements such as drums, vocals, guitars and have them as separate tracks?

The first one is possible, but the second, is pretty much impossible, and any effort spent doing it will not yield promising results.

However if you want to take whole samples (ie segments that including all parts of the track) Sound Forge by sony is the bees knees for chopping up audio files.

it aint free, but im sure a crafty internet user such as yourself could find a way around that. There are otherfree programs such as Audacity, but im not a huge fan. Get Sound Forge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

A really nice piece of software I used for chopping up songs for loops and samples was Propellerhead's ReCycle. Sorry,it's not free.

Advertisement