Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

{X-fi} drivers wont recognize it

• 29-01-2008 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

hey guys after lots of trouble getting my pc up and running, I started installing my drivers but when i came to installing then x-fi drivers I encountered problems ,first off i tryed the beta on site this did not work(after it installed and rebooted,when i click on audio console i get "the audio device support by this application is not supported"),I then tried the release on the site and i got the same issue as the beta, after this i downloaded the X-fi cd,when i reach about 80% installed i get a bsod i have tried this around 5 times and it has happened every time,

also when i load up windwos it comes up with new hardware found "multi media audio controller" could this be the x-fi.

just wondering if anyone has any ideas how to fix this ?

p.s every time i have uninstalled the drivers via add&remove and also driver cleaner.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Have you tried doing a system restore to before you tried the beta drivers? and then installing the releases ones ?

Advertisement