Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toshiba laptop s video prob

• 30-01-2008 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Hi i have a toshiba satelite laptop that i bought when in oz, it has an s video port and i thought i'd be able to use it to play films on my laptop through the tv.
    Connected the s video cable to a scart converter and then to tv but no joy.. had a root around in control panel with the display options but still nowt...
    Help please. oh its on xp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Try out the instructions on this page ,

http://www.svideo.com/compaq1700.html

Particularly these ones ,
    - Press the FN key and your computer's corresponding "F-number" key. For instance, on some Toshiba laptops you press the FN+F5 simultaneously four times to get the TV-Out setting. The "FN" key is a short-cut key on most laptop keyboards. Note, the combination keys that you may have to press depend on your laptop. Here's a brief list: Acer Fn+F3; Dell Fn+F8; Fujitsu Fn+F5; Gateway Fn+F3; HP Fn+F5; IBM Fn+F1 or +F3, +F7 +F8; NEC Fn+F3; Panasonic Fn+F2; Samsung Fn+F4 or F5 or F6; Sharp Fn+F5; Sony Fn+F7; and Toshiba Fn+F5 or +F7.

If the instructions dont work for you , then you have the wrong type of adaptor , does the adaptor have a switch on it for " in/ out " ?

Adaptors are directional , as there are connections for getting video from a TV/VCR to a PC and vice versa , they are not the same both ways.

you will have to drop the resolution for best results on the TV , and you cant have the content play on the TV and the laptop at the same time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

You were right about the fn key, it brings up a logo on the screen but that is all.
    Could the s vid be for input only on the l/top?
    Sorry if im being thick aout this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Not likely , most S video ports on laptops are TV out ports , and if your laptop does have video in , then it will do both TV out and video in , and will usually be a 7 pin port as opposed to a four pin port. Ive never seen one that just does video in.

You say it brings up a logo on the screen ? Is that the TV screen or the laptop screen ?

Advertisement