Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreads?

Options
  • 30-01-2008 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Do you know anywhere in Galway where they do dread perming? im lazy :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Don't do it!

There's enough bedreadlocked crusties in Galway already without adding to their ranks, I'm worried some sort of critical mass will be reached and it'll turn from a couple of independent drum circles into a fully fledged hippy rock festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I don't know the answer but don't listen to the above, dreads are pretty cool, especially on girls :)

There was this really cute girl with blonde dreads I used to see alot around town last Summer, no guy here would have said no to her..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think they're cool on girls, but most of the girls you see with them are either hobo's, or....or well it just looks crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Some are ok, but generally it looks pretty manky. I'd vote no... not that its any of our business:) Friend of mine got them done a couple years ago in a place beside The Living Room but I think its since closed?`

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's enough bedreadlocked crusties in Galway already without adding to their ranks, I'm worried some sort of critical mass will be reached and it'll turn from a couple of independent drum circles into a fully fledged hippy rock festival.
    Great post Pope! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

biko wrote: »
    Great post Pope! :D

qft

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Don't do it!

Have you thought that the poor girl could be so damn attractive that she needs to bring it down a notch or two, so she isn't constantly being hit on?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think dreads reproduce like some form of parasitic worm, you need to find someone with dreads and "introduce" their dreads to your hair.

i dont know if anywhere in town does them, a fried got them done in an afro caribean barbers on moore st in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

lol..thanks for the opinions...Im just so sick of straightening my hair my and all that...so I said dreads or shave it...but I probably wont have the guts to do either..:o

• Advertisement

MattKid wrote: »
    Have you thought that the poor girl could be so damn attractive that she needs to bring it down a notch or two, so she isn't constantly being hit on?

yeah thats the reason...:rolleyes:

dreads can look good some times.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

If you have a very patient friend you could get them to do it with a crochet needle.

Speaking as someone who knows a lot of dreaded people I feel inclined to warn you that they smell. They smell very very bad. Wet dog bad.

Personally I'd go for the shaved head, I've done it myself, it feel great, showers take no time at all and people like rubbing your head which can be nice, if you like that sort of thing :)

Never do it if you've a weird shaped head though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Allison91 wrote: »
    lol..thanks for the opinions...Im just so sick of straightening my hair my and all that...so I said dreads or shave it...but I probably wont have the guts to do either..:o

If maintenance is something you don't like about having long hair, than seriously reconsider dreads.

yeah I always liked them Idk I had a crush on Bob Marley..:o...maybe thats why :confused:

Advertisement