Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League 2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

Phil Taylor 7-7 Adrian Lewis
    Raymond Barneveld 7-7 Peter Manley
    John Part 4-8 Wayne Mardle
    James Wade 6-8 Adrian Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HITMANHEALY

I had 20 win on the darts last week on each match and got 2 up 8.5 mardle - wade 8.4 i think

This week
    Phil Taylor 8-4 Adrian Lewis
    Raymond Barneveld 8-4 Peter Manley
    John Part 7-7 Wayne Mardle
    James Wade 8-6 Adrian Lewis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Phil Taylor 8-3 Adrian Lewis
    Peter Manley 8-6 Raymond Barneveld
    Wayne Mardle 8-5 John Part
    James Wade 8-1 Adrian Lewis

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I only saw the Wade - Lewis match.

Wade was unbelieveable and should've won 8-0!!

Started off with a 14 dart leg followed by a 10! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

Phil Taylor 8-5 Adrian Lewis
    Raymond Barneveld 6-8 Peter Manley
    John Part 5-8 Wayne Mardle
    James Wade 8-3 Adrian Lewis

Nice picks, all close or spot on.
    Manley and Mardle matches great calls.

Lewis was just 2 off in each match prediction.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lewis didn't turn up at all last night. Taylor played very well but Lewis wasn't scoring as well as he usually does and that was the difference. Maybe he was still feeling the effects of the sick stomach he had.

Manley played well against Barney and deserved the win in the end. At 4-2 down I thought there was no way back for him but he fought back with some great darts and managed to win the match. With Manley winning it means that the League is so close again. Definitely the best Premier League so far.

Mardle is on a great run. His confidence is sky high and thats 4 wins on the trot now for him. I think he has shown the people who thought he shouldn't be in this League exactly why he was picked, on his day he can beat anyone. He is in 4th spot now and has a great chance of making the playoffs.

Wade was simply brilliant against Lewis, although didn't put up much of a fight. Wade for me is definitely up there with Taylor and Barney now and I think he can only get better. Lewis will have to do something special in the last few weeks to get through.

James Wade v Wayne Mardle
    John Part v Adrian Lewis
    Peter Manley v Terry Jenkins
    Phil Taylor v Raymond Barneveld

My Predictions

James Wade 8-4 Wayne Mardle
    Adrian Lewis 8-6 John Part
    Peter Manley 7-7 Terry Jenkins
    Phil Taylor 8-4 Raymond Barneveld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

James Wade 8 v 4 Wayne Mardle
    John Part 8 v 6 Adrian Lewis
    Peter Manley 7 v 7 Terry Jenkins
    Phil Taylor 8 v 3 Raymond Barneveld

I'd say Barney is crapping himself with the thought of playing Taylor tonight.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

James Wade 8-5 Wayne Mardle
    Adrian Lewis 6-8 John Part
    Peter Manley 6-8 Terry Jenkins
    Phil Taylor 8-5 Raymond Barneveld

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

James Wade 8-6 Wayne Mardle
    Adrian Lewis 4-8 John Part
    Peter Manley 3-8 Terry Jenkins
    Phil Taylor 5-8 Raymond Barneveld

I think Barney will beat Phil tonight, he always ups his game for Taylor and although he hasn't been playing well lately tonight he will shine! (that's only my opinion of course)

• Advertisement

James Wade 8-5 Wayne Mardle
    Adrian Lewis 8-2 John Part
    Peter Manley 8-5 Terry Jenkins
    Phil Taylor 8-2 Raymond Barneveld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

taylor wade final, best 2 by a mile

It wasn't the greatest night of the League because a few of the players didn't bother to show up.

I don't know what happened to Watne Mardle, he was playing some fantastic darts and was far the better player in the first 4 legs. he just stopped playing then and Wade took total control of the match. Mardle will be kicking himself because he sould have won that match and put himself in a great position, instead it's all very close again.

Lewis totally destroyed John Part who is really struggling for form. I'm not sure if he is still travelling from Canada every week but if he is then it is affecting his form big time. I don't think he will get through now. It was a huge win for Lewis though and he is in a great position to qualify again now.

Manley v Jenkins was the match of the night. Manley played some great stuff and he keeps proving me wrong because I never tip him to win his games. Jenkins is in serious trouble now because he is two points off the playoffs but three players, including Manley now, are on ten points. Will take something special for him to get through now.

Taylor was far too good for Barney. He is in the form of his life for me and it looks as if he is unbeatable. I can't see past him for the title at this stage. Barney was off form but even if he was at his best he wouldn't have beaten Taylor last night.

Wade threw serious darts allright, has that extra gear that all the greats have. If Mardle had gone 4-0 down, he'd have been whitewashed. Enjoyed Wade V Mardle and Manley V Jenkins, not much entertainment in the Part V Lewis game. Taylor was just awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Barney is off form because he's not playing in many competitions and he again changed his darts last night,I still think Taylor is very beatable and although it was a comfortable win he missed alot of doubles.Mardle I can't believe after last night,4 up the crowd was singing his name,had all the ingredients to take wade but last night is why Wade is so tipped to be the next biggest mane in Darts,Like Manley his head never goes down and he believes in himself.

I like Manley and I rate him but Jenkins has dissappointed me in the last few weeks.
    Lewis is a showboat and doesn't have it to take the big 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 phil'ios

i agree taylors back, wade's becoming a 'machine', i know everyone hates wade but i think he's class. but you can't rule out manley. wat a hero.he's some one i loved to see win, why not root for the underdog. was it four or five in a row he won?
    is it just me or does jenkins seem to get complacent when he's in the lead.

Last night was the poorest of the season apart from Barney who before the break looked unstoppable,Manley was unlucky not to get the draw and played well.
    Part is out now and can't qualify but to be honest I'm not surprised considering
    all the travelling he does all lack of regular competitions,who will take the 4th final position is anyones guess but I fancy mardle to do it but I wouldn't like to pick the winner of the league just yet.

Results

Whyte & Mackay Premier League Darts - Week 12 - April 17 - Wembley Arena
    Terry Jenkins 7-7 Wayne Mardle
    Peter Manley 6-8 James Wade
    Adrian Lewis 4-8 Raymond van Barneveld
    John Part 3-8 Phil Taylor

Final night of the League phase tonight. Taylor, Barney and Wade have already qualified. Three players are battling it out for the final qualifying spot with Lewis, Manley and Mardle all on 11 points. Lewis and Mardle play each other with Manley playing Taylor. Manley has the best leg difference with Mardle having the worst. Here are all the possible outcomes:

Peter Manley
    A win over Taylor would put him through.
    A draw may be enough, depending on the result of Lewis-Mardle.
    If he loses cannot quality.

Adrian Lewis
    A win over Mardle would be enough should Manley draw or lose.
    A draw against Mardle would be enough should Manley lose.

Wayne Mardle
    Has to win against Lewis and hope Manley draws or loses.

Order of play tonight:
    James Wade v John Part
    Raymond van Barneveld v Terry Jenkins
    Adrian Lewis v Wayne Mardle
    Phil Taylor v Peter Manley

I hope Mardle makes it through but I think it will be Lewis. Manley doesn't have a hope imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I have not heard the results from last night, but I am curious if Lewis' suspension would affect his standing in the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Wade 8 - 5 Part
    Barney 8 - 1 Jenkins
    Lewis 7 - 7 Mardle
    Taylor 8 - 1 Manley

Taylor was supreme, manley averaged something like 103 and lost 8-1. lewis deserved the win but when he got his 7th leg he stopped playing really

• Advertisement

I have not heard the results from last night, but I am curious if Lewis' suspension would affect his standing in the Premier League.

The Darts Regulatory Authority have to meet and decide if either Lewis or Painter will be banned, three months is just the number thats being thrown around at the moment. Nothing will happen until the DRA meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

went was,, is the final on thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

tomorrow 6pm
    jwshooter wrote: »
    went was,, is the final on thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bobflatley

Any predictions for tonight? Hope Wade can get the better of Barney and think he just might. Will be the game of the night I feel, probably better than any potential final. On recent form I think Taylor wil blow Lewis off the board and will win the final regardless. All on the night though, who knows.

James Wade 11-8 Raymond Barneveld
    Phil Taylor 11-1 Adrian Lewis

Awsome display by Taylor against Lewis with a 112 average. Good display from Wade taking his chances when he got them against Barneveld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

bassy wrote: »
    tomorrow 6pm

thanks man only turned on now at 9 pm where you drink i owe ya a pint

Taylor 16-8 Wade

Good match, Wade put up a good fight after he went 9-2 down. Looking forward to bolton now.

After the first break wade forgot he was a dart player
    couldn't buy a trebble

Another anti-climax to a good premier league season, don't think Manley would have been beaten so easily by Taylor. Barney's semi final jink continues.

Hard to see Taylor losing anything this year.

• Advertisement

Anybody here get turned off darts with sid waddells tounge up the bum of taylor?
    I mean last night taylor hits 2 single 20's and then a trebble 19 and sid goes off on what a
    genius of a player he is.

Taylor wasn't unbeatable last night,wade just couldn't produce the darts

Advertisement