Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rez HD

• 30-01-2008 9:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭

Out today on the 360, looking forward to seeing what the fuss is all about. Eurogamer just gave it 10/10, so its at least as good as Halo 3 :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

oh eurogamer, you and your inflated review scores.
    Rez was great, i had it on the ps2 back in the day, but its certainly no 10/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I have the original - so if I get this does it make me a graphics or achievements whore? :D

10/10 for 'select and delete' gameplay - yeah right. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

1UP gave it 10/10 also.
    Since I love trance, I'll definetly be getting this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'll try the demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I hate trance, can I put on some minimal?

lol

Never played rez, be a good time to start!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I heard you can put a second xbox 360 pad down your pants and get the full 'enjoyment' of using the DC transvibrator peripheral. Wonder if I could get it in my ar...
    mpit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

This'll bring back some memories, I used to play this for hours.
    The funny thing is on the original Dream Cast instructions said to play it with the lights on and the music at a low volume, so naturally the best way is in the dark with all the dials at 11 !! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just read the eurogamer review:
    The game heaves and builds through a pregnancy, the birth of its finale a transcendental moment in videogames as each previous boss re-emerges, augmented and awesome.

What utter ****. Who pays these people to write this crap, I'd say the reviewer is probably a pompous Edge freelancer.

Still, excellent game, will be picking it up when I get the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Great game. Have it for the dreamcast but it's packed away in the attic. Sound is great in 5.1. I think it is a case of style over gameplay but what style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Don't think I ever got past level 3 in my Dreamcast days. Might give it a go and put the demons of failure behind me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Still a great game. The new visuals and graphical filters you can apply are also ace! Time to get 100% in everything again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just read the eurogamer review:

What utter ****. Who pays these people to write this crap, I'd say the reviewer is probably a pompous Edge freelancer.

Still, excellent game, will be picking it up when I get the money.

pretentious ****ing twaddle. i dunno how anyone can write such unmitigated ****e and take it seriously.
    Great game tho, the hd makeover is great, the game still looks gorgeous, and playing it in 2008 on my hdtv, compared to 2002 playing it on a 14" portable tv makes a massive difference :D
    im not a tehno fan either but the tracks in this game are ****ing bat**** mentalist brilliant

Area 4 was my favourite. Excellent track 'Rock is Sponge' and a neat boss - no spoilers now. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Played this for the first time last night and thought it was brilliant. Music was great, and the gameplay is pretty cool though. Will definatly pick it up when i finally get paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Had the demo for this on the dreamcast back in the day, didn't have a clue what it was about then... and don't have a clue what its about now!?!:confused:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Eurogamer gave Kula World 7/10 on the same day.
    Eurogamer can got to hell as far as I'm concerned.
    As for Rez, I've bought about 5 copies of the PS2 version second hand and sold them all on eBay for huge profits.
    I think the game is absolutely bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Got it last night. It's perfect post-club gaming....

The 5.1 sound is the business.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Eurogamer gave Kula World 7/10 on the same day.
    Eurogamer can got to hell as far as I'm concerned.
    As for Rez, I've bought about 5 copies of the PS2 version second hand and sold them all on eBay for huge profits.
    I think the game is absolutely bollocks.

To be honest the guy who writes eurogamers retro reviews really doesn't have a clue. He has given some outrageously low scores to some absolute classics and probably plays the games for about 5 minutes.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Yeah.
    Think I'm done with Eurogamer now.
    Retro: What site do you use for your daily news and reviews?
    I need to find a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

me too.

the only thing is EG seem to review EVERY game so its great to look back on scores for older games.

• Advertisement

jayteecork wrote: »
    Yeah.
    Think I'm done with Eurogamer now.
    Retro: What site do you use for your daily news and reviews?
    I need to find a replacement.

Sad to say that eurogamer for me seems to be the best. They have some good reviewers but they also have their bad ones. I'd really only trust the good reviewers scores. The best sites for review scores are metacritic and gamerankings since you get an over view of all the game sites review scores.

silvine wrote: »
    It's perfect post-club gaming....

... if your eyes can focus on it. ;)
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The best sites for review scores are metacritic and gamerankings since you get an over view of all the game sites review scores.

1UP/EGM, Games™ and Eurogamer are the only ones on the Metacritic list I really pay any heed to. Edge sometimes but are, all to often, up their own ar... ....mpit. Are there any others that have 'cred' (of the street variety)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

From the EG site;
    A score of ten reflects a game that, within the reviewer's estimation, is something you must buy: this is the message we're trying to convey. On a basic level it's almost certainly the best quality game ever seen within the context of its genre, and that's why Eurogamer doesn't dish them out very often. A score of 10 usually applies to less than a trio of games in any given year.

I was almost in agreement until the last part, that just made me lol:p
    EG is still one of my favourite sites, but as Retr0 said you need to only really listen to the regulars. This guy has just joined the twit that reviewed Resi 4 Wii edition on my list of people to ignore.

Played the first level and enjoyed it, but couldn't see myself every giving it more than 8/10...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Played the first world up to the boss, the demo ended and I bought it.
    Turned the lights off, turned the TV up, and had a blast... what a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

yeah, you can imagine if they locked the Chemical Brothers and Kraftwek in a room together and made them come up with a game - Rez would be the end result.

I was going to download the demo the other night but seeing as the full game was the exact same size, I bought it. I found it a bit easier than the original Dreamcast version. I got all the way up to the end boss at Area 4 before being killed. (There is an another area to be unlocked aswell.)

So just to compare the two, I fired up my working Dreamcast a few days ago, and got about half way through Area 2 before being killed. Although the poxy DC controller design might have something to do with that :rolleyes:

Loveless wrote: »
    I was going to download the demo the other night but seeing as the full game was the exact same size, I bought it.

:confused:

Many games on XBLA are the same size as their demo version. If you decide to buy after playing the demo you don't have to download it again, you simply download a tiny bit of data that unlocks the full game AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm still playing this every couple of days, and I'm up to area 5 (which is such a beautiful level, so its worth working your way through the first 4).

I know that eurogamer twat was going on about how "the birth of its finale a transcendental moment in videogames as each previous boss re-emerges, augmented and awesome." - truth is, it is kind of cool..... Got to the third one before dying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Definitely, area 5 is fantastic, and it's just so great when the music kicks in properly on that one
    fear is the mind killer
    , a real turn-the-speakers-up-and-enjoy moment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Got this last night since some mates have been going on about it for years since the DC version. It really is an awesome game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement