Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TF Universe Wave One Proto Shots

Options
  • 30-01-2008 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

Proto shots of wave one are up on hasbro.com here

Prowl is the muthafookin win imo :D:D

Also check out the CGI retelling of the Megs/Prime fright from the 86 movie, its quite cool

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Its all possible, I never got to pick up the wave two classics apart from Jetfire in the previous classics run. I'll pick up a few animated bots but I'd rather pick up these guys if I were to prioritize

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Was just coming to share this.

Some really solid designs here. Love Prowl and Sunstreaker.
    Onslaught looks Bad ass great in both modes.

Powerglide plane mode is great but not too sure on his Robot mode.
    Will be picking these guys up.

Streaker has shades of Alt Mirage all over em, its nice and all but I'd have preferred the concept design we saw a few months ago. Onslaught is fantastsic, pity he won't combine with anyone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭padimus

I would have preferred the sunstreaker concept too but it doesn't look too bad. I'll get sunstreaker too, just because i lke the characters.
    Not sure about Powerglide. Robot mode seem a bit ugly. I'll wait until i see it painted.
    Prowl looks class. i will buy him and the inevitable smokescreen and bluestreak repaints.
    Onslaught is good. Definite buy for me.
    Tankor (octane) looks good in robot and truck mode, not sure about jet mode though.

I say this now but i'm sure i'll end up buying the lot when they arrive, from modelmania if no one else is stocking them.

It deeply angers me at how Hasbro distribute stuff, I went lookin for some 30th Star wars stuff and all I found was wave 3 stuff, they've reached the 2008 wave already in the US. It'll be the same with the TF stuff, the animated stuff will be stuckin wave 3 while everyone else is on wave 5 or 6, forcing us to import, it rots my balls :mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Expected as much. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the first wave of the Energon line released ahead of time?

My one hope that I cling to is since the movie Transformers have become a #1 toy in this neck of the woods so hopefully they'll push it has hard as the pushed the likes or Star Wars and Action Man(!) when he was at his peak :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I will be picking up any and all of them which show up here (except maybe Powerglide, the idea of an Ultra sized minibot is odd to me).
    Damnit, I taught i had given up on TFs...

Now with colours

DEfinitly gona get Onslaught,Prowl,sunstreaker,Tankor. I can take or leave the rest.

For me its Prowl, Streaker, OCTANE, Onslaught and Galvatron.
    I'll leave energon steroids Powerglide be, him and that laughable thing they call Blaster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Galvasean wrote: »
    For me its Prowl, Streaker, OCTANE, Onslaught and Galvatron.
    I'll leave energon steroids Powerglide be, him and that laughable thing they call Blaster.

I have to say, bar the stupid orange plastic thingys sticking out of the engines, I quite like Powerglide. He could do with being closer to his G1 colours, but the white & reds not awful. Red cybertron soundwave is a no-no but everything else looks good.

Prowl is probably my favorite. Galvatron is a big fat meh from me though, after all the waiting and hoping, this is what we get... meh

More releases on this front.

IRonhide
    Universe-Ironhide-_Robot.jpg
    Sliverbolt
    Universe-Silverbolt-_Robot.jpg
    BLUESTREAK
    Universe-Silverstreak-Robot.jpg
    and SIDESWIPE- head may be altered in final product.
    Universe-Sideswipe-Robot.jpg
    .....also mentioned but no pics are HOUND who will come with Ravage, and a Targetmaster version of Cyclonus with Nightstick! And bw cheetor.

Stolen with Glee from http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=316359852

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Prowl looks great. Might be a rare toy investment from me. Got no problem with powerglide tbh.

Ironhide looks pretty good too

Yeah I really like the look of that there Ironhide.
    Impressive looking fellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 TheForeSkins

Tanker looks cool as a mofo!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Tanker looks cool as a mofo!

off topic, but my god that's one hell of a username...

More must haves for me. *sigh* Its gonna be an expensive summer.

They've stated that Sunstreaker and Sideswipe are the same mold. You can transform the head.

Japan are getting some exclusive repaints.

Astrotrain:
    TAK10804.jpg

Grimlock:
    9f7a_1.JPG

Megatron:
    r_henkeimegatron109.jpg

Advertisement