Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking pipes (I think!) - Who should I contact?

Options
  • 30-01-2008 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hopefully you'll be able to give me a bit of advice here or steer me in the right direction.

My girlfriend is having a bit of a problem in her apartment. She has a ground floor 2 bed and a few days after moving in last October she found there was a large wet patch in her carpet in the landing between her bathroom and her bedroom, the carpet inside her bedroom dorr was also soaking. A few days later, however, the wet patch was gone. As there had been painters and tilers etc... in we put it down to to someone spilling water as the wet patches did not re-emerge until yesterday!

My girlfriend had not been in her apartment since last Thursday but when we went back to it last night we found that there were leaks in exactly the same place as about 3 months ago. We cannot figure out what would cause the leak to start, then stop for the last 3 months and then re-appear again sine last Thursday even though nobody has been in the apartment???

The heating has been on timer since last Thursday, could it somehow be coming from this? Also, when we ran the tap yesterday (after pulling the carpet back) there was an increase in the amount of water evident i.e. the wet patch got noticeably bigger. Anyone got any idea what it could be???

The fact that there's been a leak which is coming up through a concrete floor whilst nobody has been in the house and none of the utilities have been running bar the heating is pretty strange.

Should it be a plumber that we call in the first instance??? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

could be a blocked drain ,might be why its 3 months since it happened

• Registered Users Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Am I right in saying that as it's not within her apartment but under it that it should actually be the Management Co that are responsible for fixing it?

Advertisement