Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hourly Comic Day 2008

Options
  • 30-01-2008 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Hourly Comic Day is on this friday!

THE GUIDELINES:

-for every hour that you are awake on february first (that's february first for whatever time zone you happen to be in), you make a comic describing something about the past hour. maybe you ate some cereal? maybe you used the restroom?

-say you wake up at 7am. make a comic some time before it becomes 8am! then after 8am, make a comic before it becomes 9am! it is pretty simple.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Oh goddamn it, I can totally see my friday going down the toilet because of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

I'd like to join in and was thinking 'I'll do that this time' then I remembered I've totally given up doing comic art for the year. Sorry! Have fun with yours though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

What the holy hell? You've given up comic art for the year? Thereby hangs a tale, I'm sure - care to share it?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

No tale really, just a few reasons for it that I don't really want to go into because they only seem to make sense to me :D Think of it as an experiment if you like.

Arse, forgot about it this morning so am not trying desperately to catch up! Cue scratchy pen drawings with even worse linesmanship than usual...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Fysh wrote: »
    Arse, forgot about it this morning so am not trying desperately to catch up! Cue scratchy pen drawings with even worse linesmanship than usual...

I've a deadline due so my whole day will be sitting at drawing desk - going to do mine either sat or sun as I've plans to go and do interesting stuff

I only started doing mine yesterday at lunchtime, so I'm cheating and using some time today to finish it off...

Mine is finished but due to arguments between my computer and I, I haven't been able to scan it and upload it yet. Sometime this evening, hopefully...

Argh, it makes less sense each time I look at it. I'm starting to think drawing comics for any length of time is making me hallucinate or something.

Make with the clicky!

Did you do one in the end ztoical? That one you linked to was cool, and another example of someone planning a strategy in order to end up with decent-looking comics at the end of the day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

But surely if you're drawing comics about what happened in the last hour then isn't it gonna be a comic strip of you drawing comics of you drawing comics of you drawing comics and so on?

But surely if you're drawing comics about what happened in the last hour then isn't it gonna be a comic strip of you drawing comics of you drawing comics of you drawing comics and so on?

no cus they are only meant to be really quick 3 to 5 min drawings, Its an excersise in storytelling not drawing ability. did you not look at some of the ones linked or the offical page which links to loads of comics?

Heh, the assumption being that in 5 minutes you can actually scribble down something legible and worth looking at. I think the only page of mine that was done in 5 minutes was the stickman summary of Sweeny Todd...

Advertisement