Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a professional at pro evo?

Options
  • 30-01-2008 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Is there such thing as a pro evolution professional? I am rarely beaten. I have been to houses where there are as many as 10 good players and I leave the house unbeaten. I am friends with two people who'd be considered very good players but I beat both of them consistently (they might beat me one in every 10 games). I genuinely believe I'm one of the top players in the world. Is there anyway I can make money out of this? If not, what other fun careers might suit some1 who is godly at pro evo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

jeez, you must be fairly good alright. You should enter tournaments and stuff, but let people know beforehand that you're Godly at Pro Evo or it wouldnt really be fair. In fact, it would probably just make things easier if they just gave you their money beforehand and didnt waste their afternoon playing you only to be humiliated. Not sure if there is a way of becoming a professional, but maybe you could be onto something here? You'd be like a real legend or something for the cause of PES!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

God i wanna play you on Xbox Live if you have it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

I wish I did hombre! I'd be glad to humble any of you.

I actually haven't owned a copy of the game since pro evo 5. But since then my ps has given in and I've just been going from house to house to play it, people are glad to welcome me into their home because they enjoy the challenge. (I think this is part of my strength, 100% adapted to playing human competitors and don't over do it to a stage I start playing like a zombie, my mind is always 100% agile and active when I play).

I'd nearly would get an xbox live. Is there a grading system? I'd be interested to see what position I'd be on a global scale. (surely in the top 1 percentile.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

You play ranked games and move up the ranks depending on victories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Stephen I am not saying you arent as good as you say you are but I have a mate who only plays pro evo and football manager (and manages to spend 30 hours a week gaming for the last 6 years) he is class in a local match but I hooked him up online a few times and tbh is not consistantly beating any of the top online 100. You would have to get online and play trough the ranks to become godly. Are there still a lot of pub tournaments going that would be a start to making a few quid.

• Advertisement

I enjoy the social aspect of playing pro evolution. When ever I'm playing I always share a few jokes with my opponent, are maybe intimate chat about life and love, etc. I don't know if the online scene is for me.

But at the same time I'm a bottomline type of man. Is there any sponds to be made from being a top online player?? What speed internet connection do you need, is it tricky to get set up. I'd love to do it. But I'm not an affluent man, unfortunately.

Benny c, you say your mate is class in a local match. But is he in a class of his own?? I've literally gone weeks playing everyday and never taken a defeat. And Benny I'm sorry but your mate sounds like a total nerdbird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I love all these players that come online saying they are amazing whom have only played mates

you need to play a tournament or online to see if your even remotely useful at the game

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Stephen your hilarious, U must cheer all ure friends up when they "invite" you over.
    Anyway you play against crap you turn into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

From a few threads below: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055216867 - FrantiC are looking for Pro Evo players...

At the moment, FIFA is the bigger game in the wider competitive scene (ASUS, Russia; iSeries lans, UK; WCG, CGS for example) while Pro Evo is used more at pub and local level. PES is also used in the ESWC but it is unlikely that Ireland will be represented in the near future.

Also, if you do want to compete at the top level then you would have to invest the time that benny's friend puts in - that's a pro level...If you are basing your livings off something like that for example then 30 hours a week isn't that bad (wouldn't be advised - a very unstable scene at the moment).

If you really want to test yourself, join Clanbase and the ESL leagues for Pro Evo - they will give you a taste of real online competition against top(ish) players...They are PC leagues (as far as I know) but you could get a controller and I'm sure the gameplay wouldn't differ hugely.

So you could pick up FIFA, or join online leagues for the challenge...If you want to have the chance to make decent money I would advise FIFA.

But to know if you are really good, online is the only way to go. Best of luck.

🤪

Sabre. Very interesting. Tell me more about making funny on Fifa. As I said before I'm a bottomline man, if fifa means more dollar, then bring it on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

You need to keep an eye on the Pro scene anyway - visit the various tournaments - CGS, the ASUS link I posted below (in Russia so maybe don't start with it :) ), i33, WCG, etc...

Check some of the news sites - www.esreality.com is pretty good but to find the FIFA events you have to scan the Scheduled Coverage link. Usually people are pretty decent if you ask questions (though it is quite a Quake orientated site so just keep that in mind).

For the WCG, keep an eye out for Irish Qualifiers - usually posted under LAN Parties section on this site.

Of course you can join the online leagues as well at clanbase and ESL. Some of these use different formats of the game ?(i.e. PC or XBOX360).

Try and get demos - the CGS website has an archieve of demos from all the franchise regions and the World Finals so worth a look. The CGS will also have a European draft for 2008 season so keep an eye on that website and the details should appear. Finally, take a look at the different rulesets used by different tournaments - can often vary, including which version of FIFA they may use - 07 v 08!

That's all I can think of at the moment anyway. Anymore questions give a shout...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Sorry Stephen but in reality I doubt ur as good as you think you are, its no use playing against the same players week in week out. I would class myself as a fairly decent player and would easily beat the average joe that just plays once a week etc. However online its a different story altogether, especially in the higher leagues. Your talking about players who play the game 4-5 hours a day easy, and by the sound of things you dont even have a console. So my advice is to get online, get playing for a few months solid and then see how you stand......even then id still whip ur ass! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I want to play you know to see how good you really are. Probably fairly good and I'd probably lose but never the less...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Fuuny thread. Do you seriously think that you're that good? Based on beating a small group of your mates? Hahaha!

Get online or enter some tournaments to find out how good you really are!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

but he honestly belives it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Stephen from reading through your posts i'm convinced this is a wind up.
    If you're serious you need to get a grip on yourself,having such a big opinion of yourself isn't healthy,i suggest you concentrate your efforts on something else that CAN make you money then perhaps you can buy your own console.
    You are not as good as you think you are if you don't even play at home,without practice you are slipping each day.
    WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!

Stephen from reading through your posts i'm convinced this is a wind up.
    If you're serious you need to get a grip on yourself,having such a big opinion of yourself isn't healthy,i suggest you concentrate your efforts on something else that CAN make you money then perhaps you can buy your own console.
    You are not as good as you think you are if you don't even play at home,without practice you are slipping each day.
    WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!

Ha great post! "WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE" is well blagged!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

allybhoy wrote: »
    Sorry Stephen but in reality I doubt ur as good as you think you are, its no use playing against the same players week in week out. I would class myself as a fairly decent player and would easily beat the average joe that just plays once a week etc. However online its a different story altogether, especially in the higher leagues. Your talking about players who play the game 4-5 hours a day easy, and by the sound of things you dont even have a console. So my advice is to get online, get playing for a few months solid and then see how you stand......even then id still whip ur ass! ;)

Its impossibile to judge yourself online though, as Pro evo's lag is a joke, I know the guy on the other side has lag too, but timing tackles, trying to play offside, trying to do anything is a lottery until you master the teleporting effect....

Mind I have only played online on the xbox360/ps3, not the pc, but they all have the same problem I take it....

Such a joke really, when you think we had much less lag on Quake 3 128k Isdn years ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I wish I did hombre! I'd be glad to humble any of you.

I actually haven't owned a copy of the game since pro evo 5. But since then my ps has given in and I've just been going from house to house to play it, people are glad to welcome me into their home because they enjoy the challenge. (I think this is part of my strength, 100% adapted to playing human competitors and don't over do it to a stage I start playing like a zombie, my mind is always 100% agile and active when I play).

I'd nearly would get an xbox live. Is there a grading system? I'd be interested to see what position I'd be on a global scale. (surely in the top 1 percentile.)

You are so far up your own hole mate it's unreal.

There's no way you'd beat most posters on this I think if you don't have the game.

Give us a PM the next tournament in town your going to and sure all us posters will head down.
    But no doubt you'd destroy us all 5nil or something yeah?

Can't believe people think there so good at games.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

Lads, its fair to say that he is having a bit of a laugh!

Well, I hope for his sake he is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I just signed a professional contract with konami ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Haaawwww! :eek: REALLY!?! ME TO!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BobbyDavro

I would crush you Stephen.

I'm so good at this game it's scary.

Oh great! 2 of them... :rolleyes:

Boards Get together Pro Evo tournament so?:D

I want to get xBox live to play everyone here online... bahhh, have to wait to the summer though.

BobbyDavro wrote: »
    I would crush you Stephen.

I'm so good at this game it's scary.

You got Xbox Live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

I was just like you, played against loads of mates and friends of mates etc and nobody could ever beat me. so i played online and challenged some of the top players - and got my ass kicked. its scary just how good the real top players are....i guarantee youre not anywhere near their level, the only way you could reach their level is by constantly playing top players, not by beating your mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Ah StephenInsane. It always makes me smile when I come across one of your threads. Is this like the time you claimed to be a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu blackbelt on the MA board, not realising that the Irish community is very small and there were no black belts in the country at that time?!

LOL

• Advertisement

HE DID WHAT!?! HA!!! That's so fùcking funny! :D

Advertisement