Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a professional at pro evo?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ok alot of sarcastic/joking comments in here but i can answer your question.

Yes, you can become a PES professional.

But no, you are not good enough yet.

The fact that youve never tested yourself against top players in online play, only your mates and the fact that you dont have the last 2 versions of the game are enough to tell me you wouldnt be one of the top players in the world.

The first thing you need to do is buy the game and play the **** out of it. You need to know how to score goals everytime and play like a total knob in order to win. Thats how the top players do it. You need to get online and play around 500 games, the take a look at what your record looks like.

You then need to register on PesFan.com, Rob McClean who is currently the UK #1 is on there.

You need to dedicate a ****load of your free time to playing against the worlds best and learning what they do.

I may sound like a complete dick here, but im dead serious. Im the Irish FIFA champion for the last 3 years and finished in the last 16 twice of the 2 years i played in the world finals, ive been to London, Amsterdam and Seattle competing.

Pro Gaming is the sweetest job ever, a mate of mine gets paid 35k a year to play FIFA every few months. Im hoping to qualify for that this year as i was offered a spot in the tournament but couldnt go because of my Leaving Cert.

I know alot about pro PES players because ive met a good few of them, its really not as easy as you think. The good thing about Ireland is that 90% of people think the way most in this thread do, that its not serious, which is why ive been almost untested winning the Irish championship 3 years running. And its pretty much the same for PES.

FIFA is alot easier than PES because its easier to exploit. If you watched the world finals this year its not football, its more like chess. I hate that aspect of it. I play PES with my mates and i belive it to be far more realistic because you cant whore yourself for goals the way you can in FIFA.

If you are serious about PES, get moving.

I was told all this by a FIFA player at a LAN party about 4 years ago, one year later i knocked the raigning world champion out to make the last 16 in London.

I dont even play alot of FIFA, i just know what to do and when do to it. So far im not on 35k, but ive got 3 all expenses paid trips to London, Amsterdam and Seattle aswell as winning 2 360's a PS3 and a Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

See Stephen... that's Mikey, he's a real champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

You going for the CGS combine this year Mikey? Best of luck if you do! Seems as Peekay got picked last year, there's hope for anyone :) (though his trash talk is quite entertaining!)

🤪

Peekay got picked for his trash-talk, he showed against ChrisyBullard of London Mint that he has no skill, he passed the ball around his back 4 for 90mins so he could take it to penalties where he won, and then said he was the better player???

I am going for the combine in the EU division this year Sabre, cheers for the support, the beautiful thing about the EU region is that all the major players from Germany, Czech Rep, Ukraine and Bulgaria are sponsored and not allowed to compete which makes it a much more level playing field.

Wouldnt mind one of those jerseys like Kenny has! :p

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Peekay got picked for his trash-talk, he showed against ChrisyBullard of London Mint that he has no skill, he passed the ball around his back 4 for 90mins so he could take it to penalties where he won, and then said he was the better player???

I am going for the combine in the EU division this year Sabre, cheers for the support, the beautiful thing about the EU region is that all the major players from Germany, Czech Rep, Ukraine and Bulgaria are sponsored and not allowed to compete which makes it a much more level playing field.

Wouldnt mind one of those jerseys like Kenny has! :p

That's pretty handy alright! An even better chance to qualify!!! Watched the Peekay v ChrissyB match from CGS stream - How many times did he hit the post?! So unlucky!!! Should be an interesting season ahead anyways...

🤪

• Advertisement

Yeah Bullard is a good mate of mine, since he won the Fifa Interactive World Cup in 2005 he has had the most rotten luck at international tournaments. He walks the UK everytime.

Well I don't know much about these championships but whenever this shìt goes down you'd have my support buddy. C'mon UNITED! Gw'on CAVAN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 only1ronaldo

dunno about making a living from it but i'm sure you could win some pretty decent prizes. i won a couple of the college tournaments a couple of years ago and got a couple of months worth of beer from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

When are the Irish FIFA championships?

Can anyone enter?

Would love to have a go at the tournament.

SantryRed wrote: »
    When are the Irish FIFA championships?

Can anyone enter?

Would love to have a go at the tournament.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but www.thecgs.com - that is the main league website, there will be a European draft (combine event where you showcase your skills). Keep an eye on the site for news, American one is launching on March 7th.

Anyone can enter once you are over 18 (and willing to travel to where it happens). FIFA is on PC as far as I know - worth being aware of, apparently there is a difference...

🤪

• Advertisement

Yeah there is a huge difference. And the Irish FIFA Championships differ from year to year. For example Ireland used to have an Irish qualifying tournament for the FIWC (FIFA Interactive World Cup) however it has now been turned into a whole European Online leaderboard with the top 12 going to Berlin, basically you would need to play about 1200 games online which is not something i can do in 6th year.

Now the only Irish specific tournament is for the World Cyber Games which is the equivilant of the gaming olympics, if FIFA gets chosen as one of the games that Ireland will compete in then there will be a tournament to determine the representitive. Look out for that during the summer.

Whoops! My bad :o

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Mikey whats your XBL tag? Wouldn't mind getting a pop at the best ;)

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Mikey whats your XBL tag? Wouldn't mind getting a pop at the best ;)

My tag is the same as my username.

But i must warn you, im not that great at FIFA 08 on Xbox 360. I dont play it much, i play on PC and its VERY different to the 360 version, still im always up for a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Whys everyone saying you have to get online to be the best? Online is nothing like the real game at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Julez wrote: »
    Whys everyone saying you have to get online to be the best? Online is nothing like the real game at all!!

So you can play varied and different opponents...

It's the only way to get good at the game.

I'd hate to play any game to a competitive level where it doesn't become fun.

I played lots of PES3, and back then (2003/04) I was playing lots of Winning Eleven 2002 online, and played and competed well against some of the top players (those who competed in ESWC04), some I won, moreso I lost, but mostly I wasn't much fun.

I love these type of threads, the whole 'Ive beat my mates down in ballygobackwards, now I want to go pro'

zAbbo wrote: »
    I'd hate to play any game to a competitive level where it doesn't become fun.

Games can still be fun at a competitive level (and that applies to all "real" sports too) - if it's not fun, then yes don't play; same with any job really!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Games can still be fun at a competitive level (and that applies to all "real" sports too) - if it's not fun, then yes don't play; same with any job really!
    For competitive players, the competition is the fun - so to speak. For competitive players, winning and losing can't exist without each other, just as fun can't exist without monotony. People who suddenly lose interest in a competitive game, lose interest because they become crap, and use 'it's not fun anymore' as a crutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

This is by the same guy who cant score headers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

Hey mikey, do you play on the PC?

If so, what controller do you use? (Assuming you use one and not the keyboard :o)

• Advertisement

I use a wired 360 pad.

Keyboards are rare but Eastern European players tend to like them, you see a few at tournaments.

Generally the best controllers, or the most used are:
    Xbox 360 wired/wireless reciever.
    Xbox chunky controller with adapter.
    PS3 Sixaxis.
    PS2 with adapter.
    Logitech one that looks like 360 pad.

All pretty much the same effect.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

i R pR0 bCuz I b33tz mi fRenz 2!!!11

No seriously tho, I kill my mates, but in most cases I get whooped online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Its impossibile to judge yourself online though, as Pro evo's lag is a joke, I know the guy on the other side has lag too, but timing tackles, trying to play offside, trying to do anything is a lottery until you master the teleporting effect....

Mind I have only played online on the xbox360/ps3, not the pc, but they all have the same problem I take it....

Such a joke really, when you think we had much less lag on Quake 3 128k Isdn years ago....

how much lag are we talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

i know what stephen means. i to am sensational at pro evo (on ps3). only yesterday i put it on for the first time in at least a month. my rating was at 609 and the first game i played was against someone with a rating around 580.

a normal person would have lost after such a long time away but not me. 4-2 down after 30 mins ended up an 8-7 win after extra time. with my brilliance confirmed i just went back to cod4 and continued wiping people out on that.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nige1982

you gotta get on line and play, i thought i was deadly at it till i went on line i only have a 36% win rate, and like you i would beat anyone i know we are little fish in very big ponds on line i can ashure u :cool:

I would love to hear from this man again, see if he got a reality check!

havent played pretty much since last time but u never lose it. i just have a gift. if theres anyone who plays on ps3 let me know. now is your chance to get a draw against me.

Or beat you... Yeah I've a PS3, I'm trying to get on to PSN this while though. But when I get onto it I'll see how truthful you're being about your skill. Wasn't there another lad who was bragging the same shìte.

BTW, to get onto PSN I need a system update to activate my registration, but about 50% through it, it comes up with an error with some combination of numbers and letters as it's error no. (obviously!). Can anyone help me sort this out? It's an online update, just incase you're wondering...

try going on the playstation website and downloading the update there. put it on a usb stick and install it that way. it gives u full instructions on the website of how to do it but basically u just need to have a folder called ps3 on the usb and another called update inside the ps3 folder with the file inside.

when u plug the usb into the ps3 it finds the folder and installs the update file.

• Advertisement
Advertisement