Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can any one help me with directions????

Options
  • 30-01-2008 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hey i have started a new job outside cavan town and i am living in kells.The job actually in Ballenenagh and i was wondering if any ne would know a quicker way other than taking the main N3?I heard there is a way through Oldcastle? Id appreciate any help?!?:):)cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

thats the quickest way.
    Untill a few years ago there was a disaster of a junction there at Tractamotors in Cavan town, but you now have the bypass extension so you are plain sailing the whole way on the N3 and totally avoid cavan town.

If you are coming from Dublin/ Dunsaughlin in the evening, it makes sense to go the back roads to avoid Navan Kells traffic snarl ups, but from Kells itself you dont have this problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭kellybelly

Thanks for that Munchkin, its not too bad going on the N3 i just thought that i might be going the long way round when i heard there was a way through oldcastle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Much better to stay on N3 if you are travelling down from Kells, alternative route would take you through Oldcastle, Ballyjamesduff and Crosskeys. The road on this route would not be as good, it is a much twistier road and a lot of lorries use this route - best avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I agree there.

Mileage wise, going Oldcastle, BJD and Crosskeys might be shorter, but going N3 to Cavan, N54 to Ballinagh allows you to have good road, good overtaking opportunities and 100kph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭kellybelly

Thanks all that is very helpful.Gonna stick with N3 so!

Thanks again!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement