Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nationwide tonight

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Look forward to watching this hopefully will be well presented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

Connaughton Road? That sounds a bit strange. Are they going building on more parking spaces?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭daveboy01

[PHP]http://www.sligochampion.ie/news/nat...r-1274418.html
    [/PHP]That's actually from last week's Champion... so the report was on Nationwide last week;)
    You can watch it online here
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0123/nationwide.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

il gatto wrote: »
    Connaughton Road? That sounds a bit strange. Are they going building on more parking spaces?

Its up the top where the free car parking spaces were.
    Work has already commenced afaik!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

They bandy around that word "city" too much. I'm sure it'll be great for the town (especially the Museum, which Sligo has lacked for years). I thought they only did up the Model Niland in the last few years. It's a pity they can't plan ahead properly, because most of that money is effectively wasted now.
    You have to wonder, and don't get me wrong, I'm all for this, but in the filthiest town in Ireland, with no proper bypass and a main street which urgently needs renovation , not to mention closing down cancer services in the hospital, how they can get €123 million to build an art gallery. There's some very skewed priorities in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

il gatto wrote: »
    not to mention closing down cancer services in the hospital, how they can get €123 million to build an art gallery. There's some very skewed priorities in this country.

It's outrageous.

Advertisement